Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

stop the presses! iran might be working on nukes!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stop the presses! iran might be working on nukes!!

this is totally new information that we had no knowledge of whatsoever before!

Iran has long been known to have a missile program, while denying that it was seeking a nuclear bomb. Powell seemed to be suggesting that efforts were underway, not previously disclosed, to arm missiles with nuclear warheads.

Joseph Cirincione, director of the Non-Proliferation Project at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, said Powell's remarks indicated that Iran was trying to master the difficult technology of reducing the size of a nuclear warhead to fit on a ballistic missile.

"Powell appears to be saying the Iranians are working very hard on this capability," Cirincione said. He said Powell's comments were striking because the International Atomic Energy Agency said this week that it had not seen any information that Iran had conducted weapons-related work.
    seemed to be suggesting. appears to be saying.

because, since he didn't outrightly say these things, people are wondering why the hell he has just decided to start talking about it. but hey, what better time to point out an obvious problem than three days after a significant step in solving that problem was taken?

this was my favorite part:

"There is no doubt in my mind -- and it's fairly straightforward from what we've been saying for years -- that they have been interested in a nuclear weapon that has utility, meaning that it is something they would be able to deliver, not just something that sits there," Powell said.
    i say we trust the guy. he's got a fantastic track record when it comes to these things.

Well, he's also leaving the cabinet. So, it's not exactly going to be his problem anymore either.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

so i suppose, pending the effective date of his resignation, he's been relegated to "present long known intelligence as breaking news" duty.

Comment

Working...
      X