Daily training blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily training blog

I haven't really seen one of these threads for a while, and in the spirit of peer pressure .........I mean motivation ( ) , it'll be nice to hear what you're all doing on a daily basis ( including general activity like walk distance / stair runs / light intermitent exercises etc ) and using it to help revise my game or get my fire reburning min.

Lets start from todays...............

To make it easy I'll begin:

Woke , fell into some brocades and stretches ( still half sleeping ) did juice and multi, followed by a stoopid tv cardio thoigh sculpting sesh , some light bwe and a stretch sesh. Total 1 1/2 hrs ish. Put on a nice 2.5 - 3 kg cushion in recent weeks ( and lol @ having grabables and crazy western food ) and being in the sthn hemisphere both comp and bikini season is rolling around and with christmas not far either , a little motivation could be a great thing for alot of us. Likely to hit some poly metrics later on , some bwe, and if I can manage throw in a little extra cardio, like maybe some skip rounds or something. Look forward to hearing what you're all up to yourselves.

cheers and thx

Blooming Tianshi Lotus

"Poly Metrics" what's that? Do you mean plyometrics? (explosive power generating exercises)
    Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.

Comment

mmm hmmm.exactly.......... that's right, we do semantics and grammar here.

Does no-one on these boards train??? So much for the blog ha.

meiguanxi. Didn't matter anway I guess .

BL

Comment

I'd never heard of it referred to as poly metrics before. You learn something new everyday

How do you expect us to train? We spend so much time on here posting trying to win free lessons, that we don't have time to train!

But on a more serious note: I suppose my training mainly consists of running, qigong, various strength and stamina exercises. Plenty of stretching (Xing Wei constantly reminded me how I need to improve), jibengong practice, shadow boxing, san shou techniques.

Not that I do all of them on one day, I don't have enough time. I suppose the daily routine Is qigong, cardio work, stretching and jibengong.

Comment

My training consists of going to my kungfu classes. I don't lift weights or use machines. I just go to class and train hard. It's very simple. I'm so tired on the down time between classes that I just rest or ride my bike.

Comment

OK, I'll add a new feature to the forum, as this doesn't belong here, LOL. It's a Journal section; yes, that's right, you can run your own journals on the site. Give me some time, as my laptop died, and I'm kind of computer disabled.

Funeral services at three. Bring yoiur sledgehammers.
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by doc
              OK, I'll add a new feature to the forum, as this doesn't belong here, LOL. It's a Journal section; yes, that's right, you can run your own journals on the site. Give me some time, as my laptop died, and I'm kind of computer disabled.

Funeral services at three. Bring yoiur sledgehammers.
              I thought you were going to have it as one of the pigeons for trap shooting doc...

sledgehammer will work though.
              practice wu de

Comment

It's not worth the shotgun shell. Besides, sledgehammers equals exercise. Nothing like plastic pieces flying around the house to make for an interesting evening.
                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

The Journals section is now active. Feel free to start your own journals in this section.

russbo.com

Comment

Woke up today, after about 5 hours of sleep (which was a poor excuse for my usual 9-10 hours). Ate a piece of bread, took a shower, got to school around 8:30 am and did swordwork for an hour (kata, two man excercises, and jointlock applications of the sword kata) got a job offer for a position with a japanese name that I can't pronounce as a live in student in my buddies new school in the valley next fall, pay=free rent, free training, but it's in the valley......... Ate a real breakfast around 10 am, bacon eggs and everything bagel. Went to my second class of the day. Did an hour of wing chun, starting with a qigong warm up (modified version of 8 pieces of brocade) a quick run through of si lum tao (not the half hour version) followed by lots of basic sticky hands. Lop punch, bong sao wu sao, lop punch, etc. After wing chun, my buddy who teaches the wing chun led me through a sun style taiji short form, then I led him through the yang style long form.

Then we broke for lunch/herb study session at IHOP, with quite a bit of ogling the young women who passed our table.

I'll probably do a bit of freeform spear work this afternoon, and at seven I have a 2 hour ishin ryu class. We'll be sparring tonight.

That's my training schedule for the day.
                    Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

lol, good stuff....
                      practice wu de

Comment

Originally posted by doc
                        The Journals section is now active. Feel free to start your own journals in this section.
                        OOPS. I meant, feel free to start your personal journals in THAT section, lol. Look at the NAVBAR above for JOURNALS. A whole nother part...

russbo.com

Comment

Well, I went for a run this morning. It was very "interesting".

Where I live there are very few street lights. So in the winter going for a run and having a nice long training session in the evening after work is made pretty difficult. The cold and rain do make it a bit harder motivation wise as well.

Anyway, I kinda decided over New Years that I should dedicate one morning of my weekend to a nice long run followed by jibengong and such down the local rec. At least until the evenings lighten up and I can train more during the week.

So I'm running up the hillside to a track that runs along the ridge of the valley. Now in my stupid little brain, I'd forgotten to take into account the fact that we're having gale force winds here at the moment. I was nearly blown over onto my ass.

Now the smart thing would've been to turn around and run along the ground I'd already covered with the wind at my back.....but that would've been too easy.

I personally thought it beat running in sand (or shingle for those of us in the UK who don't have sandy beaches!).

So my reccomendation is to find a wind tunnel and run into it!!!!

Does anyone have any reccomendations on what they like to do running wise for variation?

Comment

I don't run too much, I try to bike and hike at elevation to make up for it. I hate running. If you have access to a pool, swimming can be a good alternative. For running itself I guess le parkour can make it fun (google it if you don't know). My sister runs a lot, she has like 5 different loops made up and knows all the distances, so she can change it up a lot.
                            practice wu de

Comment

running alternatives..............

For something different you can chop it up with some swimming, some cycling for an hour , do some aerobics or for something a little more challenging that's still going to hit your cardio fibres - check out a hiit programme. I posted a fairly hard core example myself a bit back but if that's not doing it for you , you can also try some skipping pre or even post some bwe. The key with that type of workout though to still hit cardio is to have no more than 30 seconds to 2 mins at absolute max rest between each set. When you're feeling good with that, you can bring in some more explosive movements in your sets and it's a nice varied workout .

Cheers

BL

Comment

Working...
                              X