Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• muscles

Hi...
    is muscles important for training shaolin kungfu?
    thats because I started getting tired so quickly when I train,I asked my master about this and he said that ur muscles must be stronger.

umm,

Yes...need strong muscles. gong fu is hard work.
    ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Yes, strong, but not necessarily "big". Train Hard, it'll come...
      Mike Evans
      Medford, NY

Comment

Your body will shape and develop itself according to the style you study. Many Shaolin practitioners tend to be somewhat lean yet muscular. However Taiji people can vary between really skinny or a bit overweight.

But it takes time for this to happen and you need to practice as much as possible. Once a day is good, twice a day is even better. Practice when you can, but do it a lot.
        "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

Let's just say...if you're too buff to touch the top of your head, you are probably too big to do kung fu.
          Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

You don't need to be really big. In fact, most Shao Lin masters/monks are lean muscular type which Fa Hui suggested. You will get that from training if you are dedicated. But you do need a strong body in order to develope and generate the right amount of power. And also it will help you in certain aspects of fighting. Such as grappling. If you are so much lighter and weaker, it is easy for the other guy to toss you around like a doll. So, you need to have a strong and solid body. But again, you don't have to be big to be solid.

Comment

Also, internal power is a big part of Shao Lin martial arts. If you have a strong and healthy body you will be able to develope more and better Qi. If you body is weak and not getting enough nutrition, you internal power will also be weak and unhealthy. So, eat well, train harder, more qi!

Comment

Stance training, forms, and drills are a great way to condition, supplementing that with some lifting and cardio is always good.
                practice wu de

Comment

Working...
                X