Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, you all just paid for my services just now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, you all just paid for my services just now.

Yes, that is right. I used tax dollars to dial 911. Twice. Got a few officers of the law down here and everything.

See, here's how it went:

2 am. I am doing my essay like a good little student when I get out of my seat to empty my bladder. When I get back I look out the window in the kitchen (the room where I am working also has a huge window, but my light was on and everyone could see me) and I saw this figure. Sure, it's strange to take walks at 2 in the morning, but hell, I do it sometimes. But it's even stranger to take walks at 2 am wearing all black. Taking pictures of other people's houses. Tampering with people's Christmas decorations. And looking into their windows and going into dark corners of people's yards.

In fact, it's so strange, I watched the guy, perplexed for about five minutes. Then I tried to call the cops. I didn't really want to call 911 for some odd reason, so I pulled the list of phone numbers down from the fridge and tried to dial the local police station. I dialed the wrong name on the list. Heh.

After dialing the Police station, I got an answering machine telling me that office hours are 6 am- 8pm. SO I hung up and called the good ol 9-1-1. After describing the man and his whereabouts, it took about two minutes until the cops showed up but in this case, the man was nowhere to be seen. I had lost him in a dark and crappy part of the neighborhood.

After being a nosy little busy body and watching the cops patrol the area, someone knocked on my door. At this point I was thinking, "Aw ****, lay low" but after listening for a few moments, I realized there was a cackle of static. This must have been another cop.

So I answered the door...and it was a cop. I talked to him and pointed out where the man must have gone and what I had seen, and after I went back inside and after the cops were patrolling for another 5 or 6 minutes they were gone, empty handed.

And lo and behold, ta da! The prowler appears again. He's walking fairly fast this time, and I ain't gonna waste anymore time and bull**** around with the phone. I knew it was time to use the redial.

Yes, I had gotten the same operator. "Hey, it's me. He's back."

After a flurry of questions and answers and waiting on the line, what was known was: the guy was in a white van. Across the street from me.

So when the cops came back, the guy was quiet. The van did not move at all. But the cop was going to the wrong house! I told the dispatcher it was the wrong van and ten seconds later, the cop turned around. The man in the van tried to get away so he turned the key and hit the gas. There was already a blockade on the other side of the street with a horizontal cop car. And behind the van from the opposite side of the street came screaming the police suv. They caught him.

After all the watching and quieting my dog down and stress passed, I came to realize: this little incident was nothing. When I made the call and talked to the cops, I was even shaking a bit. Was I afraid to be the only one awake with this guy on the whole street? Yeah, I was.

Now I am no longer one of those gong fu romantics, where I will take any fight as well as the law into my own hands. But my inability to stay completely calm was nerveracking. When I asked myself if I should finish my essay or not or leave the lights I had originally left on when the prowler was walking around worried me.

I was worried that the bad part of the neighborhood knew the man and would find me still working or still awake and try to seek revenge or something. Or, if the man would be let off or out early and come back to the house where he was aprehended.

So actually, the only thing I romantasize about is trying to keep a level head and calm mind at all times.

All these things worried me until I was able to shut my little bitch ass up and ration it all out.

My conclusion was finally:

If he comes back, he will come back. If the neighbors will come at me, let them come. I will deal with these fetters as they come. I'll roll with the punches.

But after winessing myself today, will I be able to control myself and take the best road possible? Will I fail? Will I succeed?

I guess I'll just roll with the punches. We'll see.

Heh, funny thing, I just noticed that my beads were on the wrong hands! I have orange beads that I wear on my left and brown beads I wear on my right. The order was reversed as I just noticed. Heh.

Bottom line:

I spent some of your guy's tax dollars. Please forgive me.

And it's 3:30 now....time for the essay.
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Doc, you need to tell The Prowler at your house story ... at least we caught the guy.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
    "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
    "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
    "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

Now I am no longer one of those gong fu romantics, where I will take any fight as well as the law into my own hands. But my inability to stay completely calm was nerveracking. When I asked myself if I should finish my essay or not or leave the lights I had originally left on when the prowler was walking around worried me.
      Isn't that a crappy fealing...

I hate that, I'll tell one of my stories here soon w/ me calling the cops.
      practice wu de

Comment

Now that was a story.... That's gonna take some time for me to put together. I'll put it "on the list".

Trying to find a bookie first.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

one time i was playing laser tag in my friend's back yard and we were surrounded by cops. they had guns trained on us and were yelling "don't move or we'll shoot!" and all that. some punk neighbor thought the plastic things with flashing red lights that we were holding were real guns.

Comment

Whoa. Once a while back I just got a scolding from my parents telling me that would happen.

And doc, you don't really have to worry about it, I was just kinda thinking as I went along. Thanks to all of you for spending your time with all that.
            Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Zachsan- yea, pretty much the kind of asshole neighbours you'll see in my former neighbourhood...

Oh, speaking of money: LYF, check ur docdollars...

Comment

Maybe next time get a video camera. People make alot of money with something like that, and you'll have something to show the cops. I would hope your neighors would be gratifule after all it was there stuff you were helping to protect.

Personally, if your that scared a can of mace does wonders for one's fighting abilities.
                "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

Comment

I've had a gun to the back of my head in philly with my best friend on the ground in front of me, where we got robbed, but I've never witnessed a break in or anything close to it, I don't think. I did get cheated once though...which I won't talk about. And when I saw that guy, well, let's say he's real lucky I didn't catch him... (not that you should go chasing cracked up guys who cheat you out of money through the subway during rush hour, but..)

But I remember in China 2 years ago there was this chinese guy who crawled up 4 stories to climb into my friend's house. "Foreigners," well, perhaps they should be a little extra careful in Mainland, that is, since some chinese feel they're the bearers of $$$...and often are. From time to time they might very well watch to see where you live.

So my friends, a Russian couple, are sound asleep one night. Next thing they know a sound wakes them up, they turn on the lights, and what do have you? Yes, a little man is running through the apartment in fear of getting squashed by "Big Russian Comrade." My friend said he just couldn't believe how a guy could slide down one of those rain pipes so quickly, on the side of their apartment building, 4 stories! He didn't even get a chance to take anything. What a waste of time, eh?

Anyhow, LeiYunFat, seems you handled the situation pretty well. You didn't go out with a sword to chop the guys head off...didn't scream, "oh, dear, help! help! bad man outside!" and eventually got your paper done, I assume.. I think you faired nicely.

g
                  ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Working...
                  X