Cookie Fortunes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cookie Fortunes

Yesterday, Doc, The Asian Mafia staying at Doc's house and I went to lunch at our favorite Tuesday Afternoon Chinese Restaurant, Mayflower, cause it's Cream of Mushroom Soup Day. Well, the best part I like is the time for the Fortune Cookies to come. I have always had this weird fascination about the fortunes in the cookies and who gets what. I thought it would be kinda cool to see other fortunes from others too...
    So go get some Chinese Food and post your Fortunes here...
    This one was mine yesterday..
    Attached Files
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
    "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
    "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
    "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

More Fortunes

This was Shi De Cheng Brother's...
    Attached Files
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
    "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
    "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

and more Fortunes

And Shi De Cheng's ...
      I liked his. It is fitting for him.
      Attached Files

Comment

OK, so I guess you are saying I should write up some odds that you'll finally cut that mop off of your head....
        practice wu de

Comment

Originally posted by shaolinstylee
          OK, so I guess you are saying I should write up some odds that you'll finally cut that mop off of your head....
          If all 3000+ Forum Members gave me $20 (Real US Dollars, none of these docdollar things) each, I might think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve
            If all 3000+ Forum Members gave me $20 (Real US Dollars, none of these docdollar things) each, I might think about it.
            60k.. .

I don't think so..
            practice wu de

Comment

Originally posted by shaolinstylee
              60k.. .

I don't think so..
              Then I guess the mop stays for now.

Comment

Well, your theory holds true for all those fortunes:

.........in bed
                Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.

Comment

New Fortunes

I got these fortunes from dinner tonight. How do they know? Smiley Faces are nice touch too.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Was that a thrilling time, or a drilling time, now that it's been ascertained by the fortune cookie gods that you have unusual equipment?
                    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                    russbo.com

Comment

jesus christ

Comment

lol, steve.. so, did one of the deities at church let you use your unusual equipment, or are you still waiting to be whooped?
                        practice wu de

Comment

jesus age christ...
                          ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

The actual American commentary, is "Jesus H Christ". Not age. If that's what you're trying to say.

I'll never learn what the "H" stands for. Unless he comes to hell to visit with me.
                            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                            russbo.com

Comment

Why do folks say "Jesus H. Christ"?

There is an answer for everything on the internet. Not sure if this is the truth, but I found this....

Why do folks say "Jesus H. Christ"?

How come people always say "Jesus H. Christ"? Why not Jesus Q. Christ or Jesus R. Christ or something else? Does the H really stand for something?

The H stands for Harold, as in, "Our Father, who art in heaven, Harold be thy name" (snort).

Actually, I've heard numerous explanations for the H over the years. The first is that it stands for "Holy," as in Jesus Holy Christ, a common enough blasphemy in the South, abridged to H by fast-talking Northerners. Other colorful Southern epithets include Jesus Hebe Christ and Jesus Hebrew Christ, which abbreviate the same way. The drawback of this account is that it is so boring I can barely type it without falling asleep. Luckily, the other theories are more entertaining:

(1) It stands for "Haploid." This is an old bio major joke, referring to the unique (not to say immaculate) circumstances of Christ's conception. Having no biological father, J.C. was shortchanged in the chromosome department to the tune of one half. Ingenious, I'll admit, but whimsy has no place in a serious investigation such as this.

(2) It recalls the H in the IHS logo emblazoned on much Christian paraphernalia. IHS dates from the earliest years of Christianity, being an abbreviation of "Jesus" in classical Greek characters. The Greek pronunciation is "Iesous," with the E sound being represented by the character eta, which looks like an H. When the symbol passed to Christian Romans, for whom an H was an H, the unaccountable character eventually became accepted as Jesus's middle initial.

(3) Finally, a reader makes the claim that the H derives from the taunting Latin inscription INRH that was supposedly tacked on the cross by Roman soldiers: Iesus Nazarenus, Rex Hebrei (Jesus the Nazarene, King of the Hebrews). Trouble is, the inscription is usually given as INRI: Iesus Nazarenus, Rex Iudaeorum (J.C., King of the Jews).

Nonetheless, this is the kind of creative thinking I like to see from my Teeming Millions. With every passing day, my mission on this earth comes closer to completion.

Comment

Working...
                              X