Sniffles and Aches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniffles and Aches

Why is it whenever I get a cold, or god forbid my sinuses flare up I find my joints (especially my hips) ache lots and in the case of my hips become painful?

Not to mention the restrictive effect it has when trying to stretch.

Is it anything to do with dehydration?
    Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.

No, it has to do with periarticular muscular inflammation. It can be severe enough in some people to mimic the signs and sypmtoms of infectious arthritis. People with influenza develop this to varying degrees, again, with all things in medicine, some people get it worse than others.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

sounds like a wind cold/heat invasion causing the stuffy nose and possibly Bi sysdrome for the aches in the joints (Wind is the author of 1,000 ailments)
      Mike Evans
      Medford, NY

Comment

yup, sounds like wind cold bi syndrome alright.

Mike are in tcm school? Is there someone else here who actually knows what the **** I'm talking about when i say things like clear liver fire brighten eyes?
        Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Well, I wanted to go for TCM, but in NY it's a Bachelor/master degree program and I never finished up my associates. So I went to the TCM school for Massage Therapy since they have a heavy emphasis on the TCM side of things. Now I have an AOS in Massage, and can go back for Acupuncture/ TCM as soon as my wife let's me
          Mike Evans
          Medford, NY

Comment

Hmmm, interesting. Thanks.

Next question: Is there anything I can do to try and lessen this effect?
            Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.

Comment

Working...
            X