Monkey Staff form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monkey Staff form

I was curious if anyone knows this form. monkey staff form Just wondering, thought it might be an interesting form to learn, and would complement the open hand system I study.
    "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

Now you can train in the privacy of your own home and learn these powerful ancient weapons. Everything you need to get started!
    Wasn't there a famous rabbit that said, "Be veeery veeeeery careful..." Or something like that?

g
    ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

I don't know it but I think it's such a beautiful form. What form are you studying?
      Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

I would say it depends on what you want to do. I went through a video (VCD) phase, i have a stack of them 29 cd's high. In the end, i barely remember a damn thing from them but to be honest, it did satiate a certain thirst i had for something not within my reach and i would be lying to you if i said it didnt give me somewhat of a taste for the systems of interest. I had also just quit studying under my then (con-artist) "sifu".

I think in a way i benefitted from it, but mainly because i told myself it was temporary and just a phase. i wouldnt buy a VCD or video or even book for that matter, if the goal is to actually study the system from it.

Personally, i wouldnt get a tape per say because they are expensice as ****. If you're really interested, there are some really cheap VCD's you can get with some really nice forms, some of them even with applications to play around with. One thing i'll warn you about, though, you should be careful what you order. Its always a bitch when you buy something on the internet and once you get it you watch the thing and realize its beyond your ability to learn. the VCD "Shaolin Tiger Fist" is a good example.

Everything in moderation, man.

DC
        Last edited by dogchow108; 12-19-2004, 06:54 AM.

Comment

There is a thread about this tape over at kung fu magazines forums.. Shaolinlueb reviewed it I believe.

Either way, it isn't a "monkey" form as you would think of it...
          practice wu de

Comment

Working...
          X