Tornado kicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tornado kicks

alright here's my problem.ive been trying and trying and i cant figure a way to tuck in my leg on a tornado kick but on a jump kick works smoothly.SO does anyone have any usefull tips for me so i can tuck my leg in on a tornado kick.

Originally posted by hunggar415
    alright here's my problem.ive been trying and trying and i cant figure a way to tuck in my leg on a tornado kick but on a jump kick works smoothly.SO does anyone have any usefull tips for me so i can tuck my leg in on a tornado kick.

I'm a bit confused, but if I understand, how to tuck your non kicking leg...

Well, if you are doing a tornado with your right leg, you are jumping with your right leg. When you do this, you bring your left knee up toward your chest and point your foot down. This is almost the same as a jump front kick.

I usuall think this is sort of natural to that jump and spin though.

If you could be a little more specific, that would be great.
    practice wu de

Comment

I also find that to land on the kicking leg (jump with the right, kick with the right, land on the right) it helps to think about kicking myself in the bum with the other (left) leg to keep the knee bent and add torque from the hips.
      Mike Evans
      Medford, NY

Comment

Working...
      X