Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• training in the London

Hi guys, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind helping me out here:

I am looking for a new place to train in the London area (or south of) starting around May 05 (when I finish university which isn't long now). I am also planning a short trip to shaolin for around the that time, the info on this site has helped me in many ways and I am eternally gratefull to all who have supplied information.

I have been training in gong fu for about a year now + just started tai chi chuan (which is great!), looking forward in time to when I will have to find a new school, I have been using all my spare time researching gong fu clubs in and around the area. After searching through BCCMA.com and as many others as I have come accross, Shaolin Temple UK has to be at the top of the list at the moment. I believe that the style is important, but I also believe it is more important to find a good master, and one that will be there to teach me as I don't want to be taught by one of their 25 year old students 90% of the time (extreme example). what I really want is to learn from someone whom has a great wealth and depth of knowledge within his chosen area (Shi Yanzi seems a good example of this). If any of you guys know of any places around London that may be worth checking out or clubs that I may have missed (or may be opening soon) could you please let me know. Only requirements are that it must include everything..... some form of tai chi / meditation aspects as well as gong fu.

Thanking you in advance.

From what I've heard, one of the monks that used to teach at STUK is still in London. His name's Shi Yan Jiang (I think that's how you spell it). He taught the Taiji classes. I don't have any of his contact details. There might be something in an old thread somewhere on this site with regards to where he is now.
    Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.

Comment

I've heard good things about Yan Zi. if i were near there i wuold definately check it out.

Comment

Yanzi and Yan Lei are excellent teachers. You're lucky to be so close to them. I think I read on his website that Yan Lei does private lessons but I'm not sure.

www.shifuyanlei.com
        Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.

Comment

STUK is the only place! I train there for 3 years now and even travel hours in the evening just to get there! Shifu Yanzi is very competent and full of wisdom-
          they train Sanshou there- be aware!

Comment

Yan Lei is a BEAST.
            Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Some speak as if Yan Zi isn't in London now.. or if there are others around as well? Is London sort of like Houston now?
              practice wu de

Comment

Working...
              X