Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

About russbo videos: Downloading and saving them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About russbo videos: Downloading and saving them.

Hi Doc! I've just looked on some old cds with gong fu videos on it and I've found the slideshows of Russbo for the forms Ying Chuan, Lohan Chuan (abridged version), Da Hong Chuan, Tong Bei Chuan, Shao Hong Chuan, Tong Long Chuan and Ing Shou Gun.

Unfortunately, they are RAM type videos and of only 1 KB so it means if the server crash, I can't load the video. Isn't it right? But that's not really my problem but more the loading. This is so slow, if I wanna check another frame, it takes again one minute for each buffering. Couldn't you (or Steve or I don't know who has the responsalibility of video Library) convert the RAM files into a type like mpg, avi or mov? We could directly copy the video on our drives and check the video more easly and that even if the server is Offline. Please, I would really appreciate!
    =========
    Peace out!

Read this thread:

And this one:

We're not making these available for download for many reasons. From what we can tell, the newly revised videos and slideshows work adequately. Are you viewing them from their respective forum areas?
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

But why not convet .ram files in .mov at least? maybe i've read too fast... But if you have place for mov, if you can use a port for mov, why not!
      =========
      Peace out!

Comment

They are .mov files. Where are you finding .ram files? Are you looking in the File/ Video, etc Librarires.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

I've look the pages you gave me and someone gave the link. So the location of the rams is
          Easy to use website building tool for your professional or personal website and blog, web hosting, domain registration, email and more at Tripod.com!

for example ying.ram
          =========
          Peace out!

Comment

Ok I've found the .mov files that's perfect. Sorry Doc

So nice website!!!!
            =========
            Peace out!

Comment

You're kidding right?
              practice wu de

Comment

Originally posted by ChenZen
                I've look the pages you gave me and someone gave the link. So the location of the rams is
                http://members.tripod.com/russboslides/

for example ying.ram
                That was from a different era.

In fact, go to one of the web archive sites, the old russbo.com is on there. It's a hoot. Wonder if I should put the old site up on the server so people can see how far we've come...

russbo.com

Comment

The old russbo, yeah, why keeping those damn .ram files when you have the .mov ones. Now we can copy them on our drive and the loading of course immediate.
                  =========
                  Peace out!

Comment

copying videos

Try this way to copy the videos, it might work.. LOL.
                    Attached Files
                    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
                    "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
                    "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
                    "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

lol, that was funny steve...

wow, you've actually made a funny.

Actually there is a way to copy them on to other media.... just would look sort of funny, with the thread still there and all
                      practice wu de

Comment

Working...
                      X