Best place to train long-term

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to train long-term

I was wondering what places are best to train long-term? I'm not into any one style or system. I mean there is alot of people who want to teach martial arts. Or is it better to train in a variety of places?
    "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

I THINK YOU SHOULD FIND A TEACHER WHOSE STYLE AND REPUTATION YOU RESPECT, STUDY WITH THEM FOR A FEW YEARS, AND THEN DECIDE IF YOU'RE READY TO CONQUER NEW ABILITIES.

KUNGFU, THE MARTIAL ART, HAS AS MANY PERSONALITIES AS THE PEOPLE WHO PRACTICE THE ART.

WITH THAT SAID, LET ME TRY TO GIVE YOU A GUIDE TO LEARNING KUNGFU:

1. DEPENDING ON YOUR CURRENT PHYSCIAL ABILITIES/SKILLS SETS, YOUR INSTRUCTER MAY CHOOSE TO START YOU ON STRENTGH TRAINING, TO INSURE THAT YOU WILL BE ABLE TO CARRY OUT THE FURTHER TASKS OF LEARNING, HE/SHE WILL ASSIGN TO YOU. ( STANCE TRAINING, CARDIO, PUSH-UPS, ect...)

2. AFTER SHOWING SUFFICIANT KNOWLEDGE IN STRENTGH TRAINING, YOU MAY BE DIRECTED TO FORMS TRAINING, STRIKING TRAINING, OR SENSITIVITY TRAINING. ONE AT A TIME, OR ALL TOGETHER.

3. THEN ( AT THIS POINT, YOU'VE BEEN IN THE ARENA A COUPLE YEARS ). COMES TWO AND MULTIPLE MAN FIGHTING TRAINING, (SPARRING, FREE SPARRING ect....)

4. THE CYCLE STARTS AGAIN. YOU REVIEW WHAT YOU KNOW HOW TO DO, RESEARCH DIFFERENT WAYS OF DOING IT WITH DIFFERENT PEOPLE OF DIFFERENT SKILL LEVELS, LEARN WHERE YOUR WEAKNESSES LIE, WORK ON THEM, LEARN THE NEXT SET OF SKILLS.

HOPE THIS CAN BE A HELP TO YOU, PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW IT WORKS OUT FOR YOU.

PEACE

ONEFOCUS

Comment

ONEFOCUS HAS A POINT.

Comment

Well, I appreciate your thoughtfulness, but I've already trained in martial arts for a several years. So I'm well, not a stranger to martial arts. You may consider where I train, a Mcdojo, but I think it's a good school.
        "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

Comment

AND A POINT WELL TAKEN.
          ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

let's get back to my original descussion. Where do people like to train at? Shaolin seems to be popular for some reason, hmmm I don't know why. lol

By the way, might want to not type in all caps. I've heard it means your shouting at someone.

Comment

sorry about the "caps" just trying to help, anyway i wont comment on shaolin, except to say that it is what it is. I don't know much about your dojo, but a person becomes a martial artist "in the heart" then a physical change occurs. so if you have a place to study, honor it and study harder than the next guy. because most fights depend mostly upon will/determination. please forgive me for intruding on your space, and possibly disrespecting you. I meant no harm. peace.

onefocus

Comment

People are interested in Shaolin primarily because it is the birthplace of all martial arts, which is pretty extensive. This gives Shaolin a mystical and holier quality to those who, for instance, witness the traveling monk show. Skills of chigong and gong fu are almost magical compared to what people just see as breaking bricks with fists and whatnot. The seemingly welcoming challenge for some people brings them to want to know more, to see more, etc...

Also, these people watch a lot of kung fu movies and Shaolin is in like half of them.
                Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

The quality and quantity of work produced here are absolutely informative. Thanks for sharing. 먹튀검증사이트

Comment

Working...
                  X