Mishaps while training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mishaps while training

I practice in my backyard, as I would suspect many of you do...and of course, when you have pets running around the place, some mishaps are gonna happen.

For instance, this weekend, I was practicing the outward kicks and on the way down, my foot connected with my dog...right on the bridge of her nose and eyes. With a big yelp from her and a bunch of treats from me later, I couldn't help but wonder what kind of mishaps have happened to you all while training.

Doc, you seem to have a lot of dogs, that ever happen to you?

Feel free to share any other stories, if you so desire.
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

I was once doing a sword kata with a boken in my living room, and on a transition between a backward jab and an overhead strike I come crashing down with the boken only to stop short directly next to the head of my cat, who I'm quite surprised to see in the path of the sword. The cat doesn't even flinch, despite the blade come to a halt an inch from his crown, and then just proceeds to rub his face on the boken.

I didn't even see him consciously until I had already cut the strike short, and I'm pretty sure it would've killed him had it connected. After that, I'm reconsidering the intelligence of training inside.
    Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

yeah, that's how i lost my first few cats.

just kidding.

Comment

I did a butterfly kick at Yan Mings and cross checked Rza's 6 year old son. He came running and I didn't see him.

Comment

How is rza, is he still coming to classes?
          Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

He never came to class. He was there hanging out with sifu. Him and Yan ming are very close friends. For some reason people think he trains. I'm not sure why.

Comment

Now I wish I lived in NYC.

Comment

Isnt RZA Shi Yan Ming's disciple? I figured he would atleast do some training. I mean atleast to balance out some of the 40z and blunts.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltronZer0
                  Isnt RZA Shi Yan Ming's disciple? I figured he would atleast do some training. I mean atleast to balance out some of the 40z and blunts.
                  perhaps his training is private. or maybe, shi yan ming knows tha wu tang clan ain't nothing to f*** wit

Comment

If he didn't know, he should know by now, hahahha.

Isn't the RZA in the Def Jam: Fight for NY? If he is, does he bust out the shaolin gong fu? And if yes for the previous two questions, then I would pick him and be really cheap. I would kick the crap outta Mos Def and all them foo's. Wu Tang!

Comment

Heh, that reminds me of the Wu-Tang: Taste the Pain psx game. That was kick ass, Meth had a big ass mallet and Ol' Dirty (Rip) used drunken boxing, ofcourse!
                      I can't remember much of the fighting styles in that game, im sure Rza would of had some shaolin in there.

From what I found out from my shifu tonight, The RZA is shi Yan Ming's disciple and he trains pretty hard, so he probably has alot of personal classes with him.

Comment

I know them both personally. They are JUST FRIENDS. HE IS NOT TRAINING UNDER HIM. He did practice some chi gung. That is is.
                        You Sifu is seriosly misinformed.

But thanks for playing.

Comment

THE RZA IS TOTALLY SYM'S #1 STUDENT!

Just kidding, I don't know. Would you happen to know, Mortal? I heard you train in NYC.

Comment

I doubt that my shifu is 'seriously misinformed', but anyway, shi Yan Ming and my shifu have been corresponding with each other for a while now. Yan Ming asks that my shifu train any of his students that come to Sydney, like John Leguizamo who came over for Moulin Rouge filming.

They have also organised a student exchange program between our school and the USAST. Hopefully towards the end of the year myself and other students from my school will be visiting NYC to do some training with Yan Ming, and like wise any of his students who want to come to Sydney can also train with my shifu.

Amitabha

Comment

I know who your sifu is. I am just trying to stop rumours. I trained at USAST for three years. I was there almost daily. Wutang clan doesn't train kungfu, period. Especially rza. It is all about image. The most they did is a little chigung.

Believe what you want. It doesn't effect me either way.

Where is Richard Sloan when you need him?

Comment

Working...
                              X