X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D Animated Stances and Techniques

Hi there,

I Train in Tang Soo Do (a Korean Martial Art) in the UK

Ive been playing about with some Demo Rotating 3D Animated Stances and Techniques for my Tang Soo Do Martial Art Club website.
    Thought you maybe intersted in having a look at them them too.

Ready_Stance
    Front_Stance
    Back_Stance
    Free_Fighting_Stance
    Horse_Riding_Stance

Low_Block
    Knife_Hand_Middle_Block
    Low_Double_Arm_X_Block
    Street_Defence

Middle_Punch
    Reverse_Middle_Punch
    Side_Centre_Punch

Round_House_Kick
    Middle_Block_V_Middle_Punch

Its has been fun making them

enjoy.
    Do or do not there is no try.

hey i used to take tang soo do. when i was a kid.

Comment

Nice .. how far did you get?

Im playing about with the naihanji (iron horse) forms

I cant wait to learn some of the longer forms, something tough to work on..

Its good style, mix of okinawan karate, Shaolin and other korean stuff

as I cant get to train in true Shaolin art here, its not a bad substitute

Comment

i got to blue belt. i'm not sure what belt sequence your style uses, but in my school that was one before black. unfortunately we had to learn all about korean history before we could get the black belt and write big essays about what MA meant to us... i didn't exactly have the heart for it. i was about 12 and wasn't the most disciplined of kids (and not much has changed).

i hardly remember any of it, but i can still throw a mean kick or two.

Comment

Nifty avatar! For a moment there I thought I was imagining things when it moved..

Comment

Did you make those animations? They are very beautiful.

I used to take Tae Kwon Do when I was 6, 7, or 8. I was pretty young, and really lame about it. Got up to the levels of belts where you were beginning-intermediate.

It was the kind of system where you basically BOUHT the belts, and how many there were! There was a camoflauge belt, a camoflauge stripped belt, an orange, orange stripe, etc.

Terrible McDojo. The teacher sold t-shirts with his logo, Barbados' Karate. But wait, I thought it was tkd!
            Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Laugh ..

Tang Soo Do is like Tae Kwon Do, but it isnt a sport like TKD

although we do have forms and fighting tournaments.

cheers for your kind comments about the animations.

For me it has been fun making them, plus its a really good way

to break down each stance as i made them, as you have to think about the positioning

of each part of the model.

I made them with 3D studio max / character studio .. then used the output renders

into flash added some buttons and action scripts to control each frame.

I made them so you can do a 360 deg spin so its possible to view each technique from

different angles. (Similar technique they used in the matrix, lots of cameras taking a

picture at the same point in time, so you can spin around that time frame)

As time permits im thinking of adding some more .. ie more kicks .. Applications of

techniques etc maybe add an exercise section .. ie types of press-ups, sit-ups etc

another thing would be cool to trace back to the shaolin roots and animate some of the

stances and compare the two... Gulp

Comment

Stances are all basically the same, it just might vary on some of the blocks and leg positions for kicks and whatnot. It's actually very comprehensive-- moreso than a book or movie, because this way, you have a 360 view and can see the subleties of the entire body. I am not sure I want to see naked gong fu or David Carridine's Tai Chi gone wild.

Keep up the great work.
                Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Splutter !

I nearly choked on my coffee reading your.

"naked gong fu or David Carridine's Tai Chi gone wild."

my sides hurt now !!!

whoo what a fantastic new form of training you have discovered

"it feels like ive just completed 100 Oblique sit ups!"

Are you sure your not related to my instructor ! my sides feel like this

after training !!

Comment

Updates: Some More Animated Techniques to have a play with.

Low_Stance
                    Side_Stance

Front_Kick
                    Front_Snap_Kick

Side_Kick
                    Side_Snap_Kick

enjoy.

(Making the low stance reminds me to practice more !)

Comment

nice work.. thats a cool thing there.
                      practice wu de

Comment

Having been inspired by looking at the pictures of the Monk statues

doing lohan / kung fu stances.

I thought for me learn abit more about them Ive made some more animated

stances based on looking at the pictures / I apologise if they are a little out i.e.

hand possitons / feet etc , as I don’t yet study "kung fu" per say.

Shaolin Stance 3
                        Shaolin Stance 4
                        Shaolin Stance 5
                        Shaolin Stance 6
                        Shaolin Stance 7
                        Shaolin Stance 9

Is there a list of thier names ? / English and (Chinese English)

Have a look an see what you think .. any comments would be great

Comment

Also Doc

If they are any good and not too ...

"naked gong fu or David Carridine's Tai Chi gone wild." - LeiYunFat

once I get round to doing them all

If you want copys to put next to the pictures / in a Flash archive / or whatever

Comment

Those animations look cool, but can you make the 3D model move to do a whole form and be able to move the camera at different angles?
                            I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
                            "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
                            "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
                            "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

Good stuff. Having the animations do the jibengong is possible, with something like Poser (I've tried it; it's a lot of work). The names of these things are in the gong fu section of the site, in the Shaolin main section.
                              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                              russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X