Energy Plummet During Training.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Energy Plummet During Training.

I had this experience in a few situations now and I wanted to get some experienced options about it

After a particularly tough warm up / basic techniques etc, we were asked to sit down at the site of the hall, to recover as the younger members practice their forms, then it was my time to get up to go through my forms.

It like my heart flutters and I then seem to lose a tremendous about of energy, I’m guessing its my nerves going into over drive as I always push myself during training / forms / fighting etc or it could be an adrenalin surge causing a huge energy drain.

It like you can’t punch properly or kick with full power.

I experienced this at tournaments too, not every time.

I just wanted to know if there are any ways to deal with this..
    Do or do not there is no try.

You need to work through it. I think you need to use your mind to push your body to the next level. Don't "think" about your energy level. Just execute when you know your supposed to during training. If it is your turn to do forms get up and do your best with a great amount of spirit. Rest afterwards.
    When training becomes too routine your mind loses interest and you think your tired when your not. Many times your just tired of training. Routine bites hard.

Comment

drink gatorade.

Comment

A well timed line of speed wouldn't hurt either.

Comment

Grounding helps. The more you can develop your root, the more you can use that root to draw qi up from the earth in order to supplement yourself on days like that.

But your symptoms are a bit troubling, either you have some issues with nervousness, or you need to build up your heart qi, probably both. Are you a vegetarian by any chance? And how's your sleep?
          Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

A well timed line of speed wouldn't hurt either.
            does it ever?

but seriously, if you don't already, drink a little gatorade while you train. it's better for you than drinking just water.

Comment

I’m not a vegetarian and I sleep very well, it’s only happened at extreme times in training..

i.e. Pre Grading times when my Instructor is scrutinizing me.

It’s really hard to explain it, im the highest-ranking student in the class, yes I get low on energy from prolonged hard training, like everyone but it feels like a different kind of energy lose.

I know I have the energy there it just doesn’t feel like it, maybe it is nerves im just not sure.

Comment

Void

Does your school have a website?

I get like that sometimes. It might be you just need a full week off to really recover. I do it twice a year.

Comment

Yeah, work on the nerves, there are a few things though....

Adrenlaline dump, endurance issues, which could be because of any number of things, from muscle fatigue, diet, or just general health, etc...

So, if I get this right, you do your basics, then a few minutes later, you have less energy to perform talou. And this happens more around testing time... so, yeah, try to isolate these things more to understand them greater. Also, look at your intake of carbs. When are you eating carbs before your workout, things like that. There is a lot of good info around (also a lot of bunk info). I'm not sure how much doc has talked about it here, but give a good look around. Also there are some guys who talk about this a lot over on the kung fu magazine forums, and training and health.
                  practice wu de

Comment

I run a website for the 3 instructors I train under.

I Study Tang Soo Do

The site address is:
                    Tang Soo Do

im in preperation for my next grading in the next couple of months.

Adrenlaline dump, endurance issues, which could be because of any number of things, from muscle fatigue, diet, or just general health, etc...
                    My Muscle / diet / health is in good shape

I will have too look into that Adrenlaline dump that could be it.

Comment

Having a quick scan round on the net.

shaolinstylee think you have hit the nail on the head with

Adrenlaline dumps.

would be great to get some good info about it, and post it here.

As its quite a important thing to understand, how and why it happens

How to overcome it / Master it and even use it to induce an uncontroled "adrenal dump" in

our opponents.

So far ive found out its all down to the flight / fight response

in its extremes it looks like it can have bad side affects.
                      (Correct me if my info is wrong)
                      It increases heart rate,
                      pulse rate
                      blood pressure.
                      it can cause pre fight leg shakes,
                      the dry mouth
                      tunnel vision.

some articals say that its down to confidence to over come the affects..

and make adrenalin become a weapon in itself ..

any thoughts would be good

Question: Would build up your heart qi, help against Adrenlaline dumps? if so what
                      methods would you suggest to build this up?

Btw Thanks for all the replies ..
                      Last edited by Void; 02-22-2005, 10:32 PM.

Comment

that sort of rhetoric has more to do with finding oneself in an actual life-threatening situation than it does with explaining why someone would suddenly experience a lapse of energy while training. unless you feel like you are in mortal danger when you train, the adrenaline dump alone probably isn't sufficient to explain your problem.

we talked about the adrenaline dump, its effects and how it can be controlled and all that, in another thread somewhere on this forum. i think it was called something like "RCAT" and it was probably in the mixed martial arts area. started by yours truly.

Comment

Well, a discussion on the sympathetic nervous system would most probaby be a worthwhile thing to do; I'll put it on my list of things to do. (I've been too busy fixing HELL). But, I want to know more about this "heart flutter" that you mention, before we proceed any further. Let's not attribute everything to epinephrine; let's make sure that there is nothing else going on here.
                          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                          russbo.com

Comment

Imo , as with everything elser in your body, your nervous system relies somewhat on oxygen intake and regulation. There wqas a recent study suggesting that nervous system disrupton and stress (where breathing reverts to the chest only as opposed to the diaphragm or lower torso / belly 0 and causes a host of other sysmptoms, what you desribe being one. If you're sincerely having trouble, as we sometimes do, try taking 5 good strong breaths but rest your hand on your stomache and make sure that as you breath, that is what raises and falls and not your chest. If you can bring this technique into the ring / onto the mat aswell then I think you'll find both focus and performance will increase. It's just an adrenal response and requires regulation. Don't feel bad though because it happens to best of us

cheers

Tianshi lotus

Comment

I want to know more about this "heart flutter" that you mention
                              maybe heart flutter is the wrong words ... It like if you have to give a speech or

something similar

It’s like you feel your heat pound or beat powerfully one time then it goes back to normal

Its only rarely happed like 2 – 3 times, in situations like, pre grading infront of my main

instructor - like at this weeks lesson / beginning of Tournaments.

It thinks is down to not wanting to mess up | go wrong | etc

even though I know I can do this stuff standing on my head ..

the mind sure can play funny tricks on you !

Comment

Working...
                              X