Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

biotin and protein / fat metabolisation.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• biotin and protein / fat metabolisation.........

Okay boys, here I go again, but I also have been noticing that on several of our ma boards lately alot of folks are having issues on the viability of , biotin ( vitamin H) as a factor of protein metabolisation and for breaking down our fats for use.

Having advocated this myself for a while , I did a quick search and found this http://www.everythingforpets.com/oro....557.dept.150/
    . That site is geared toward bird health , but it does offer a good explaination of how that chemical process works . Here http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...lisation&meta= is the google search page I pulled, so you're all welcome

BL

I'll remember this the next time I get reincarnated as a pigeon.

Biotin is one of the B vitamins, and it has little to do with protein metabolism, or, "breaking down" fats. It plays a role in free fatty acid synthesis, and because of its prevalence and easy availability, deficiencies, and thus, problems concerning biotin, are very rare. The gut readily absorbs the rather plentiful substrate without difficulty; even with the worst of diets, there is still generally enough biotin available. Besides, the bacteria in the gut contribute to the formation of biotin, so there is an endogenous cycle within us that gives us more than enough of it.

You find deficiencies of biotin in people who have unfortunate genetic disorders which involve this metabolism, which are rare, and also in some people who take anticonvulsants (Dilantin, for one) and long term antibiotic therapy (which disturbs the gastrointestinal tract flora). You can also find biotin deficiency in some of these muscle heads, who not only poison their bodies with steroids, but also eat a lot of raw egg whites. A protein in uncooked egg white binds to biotin, preventing its usually easy and ready absorption into the body.

Biotin deficiency is clinically relevant via its impact on free fatty acid production; as FFA's are necessary for nerve sheath coverings, one of the side effects are neurological. Paresthesias, muscle pain, hyperesthesias, and mental state changes are usually seen. Alopecia (hair loss) is also common. And as is also common with any sort of brain alteration, nausea and vomiting make a presence. Initially, changes in skin and hair are common. The neurological alterations are found with longer term biotin deficiency.

So, unless you're a bird, or, a moron who overloads himself with egg whites to look like Arnold (now there's a healthy specimen...), biotin deficiency is really not a relevant issue to the typical martial artist.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Here we go

lol, but I'm out of time, so comming back to it soon .

B

Comment

Yeah, exactly, here we go again....

????
        practice wu de

Comment

The thing with biotin is that it comes largely and in best quality from wholemeals and grains. When we're talking about this whole aitkins / keto concept , I think it's important for ppl to know. Alot of you boys who are a little bigger than the rest of us, will likely never be biotin ( or any other b ) deficient but not everyone eats like you do, just as not everyone eats the way I do.

Here's http://www.ccmckids.org/research/bio...daseWhatIs.htm a link anyway .

Still blooming lotus

Comment

Working...
          X