Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small | Grand Microcosmic Circulation Qigong

Im getting really curious about QiGong
    and would like to find more information and learn about.

The Eight Pieces of Brocade | Ba Duan Jin

Small Microcosmic Circulation | Xiao Zhou Tian Qigong

Grand Microcosmic Circulation | Da Zhou Tian Qigong

Muscle | Tendon Changing and Brain | Marrow Washing - Yi Jin Jing and Xi Sui Jing

If you know about any these of these and can impart me with some wisdom or can point me in the right direction to a true source> I do understand this is a very complex topic, and I should seek out a Sifu to put me on the right path, or for them to answer my questions.

I just have this urge to find out as much as I can about this, having trained in MA for quite some time, I realising I should be undertaking this alongside what im currently doing.

Cheers for any light you might be able to shed on the subject

Do or do not there is no try.

Purchase and read this book cover to cover. The Root of Chinese Qigong, by Dr. Yang Jwing Ming. It covers all that and more.
    Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Thanks Daodejing

I was going to have a look at his books
      i.e. the one you mentioned

The Root of Chinese Qigong and
      Qigong, The Secret of Youth

Ive got | Analysis of Shaolin Chin Na, and its very good, so im betting the other

books will be the same.

Cheers

Comment

Yeah, I'd have to say Yang, Jwing Ming's books are consistantly the best english cma books I've found.
        practice wu de

Comment

Make sure you read The Root of Chinese Qigong before you open up Secret of Youth or Essence of Shaolin White Crane.

Comment

Understood. small quite steps..

I have a book by wong kiew kit

Where it has a secton about Lifting the sky (Raising the sky)
            and Lohan Embracing Buddha
            (he Calls it Self manifested chi movement)

Ive been doing lifting the skys for a year or so
            not every day just when I can after training

but for the past couple of weeks im doing it in the morning and just before bed

and Ive now added the archer to it (thanks for that one)

and the Lohan Embracing Budda

Just a small question

What thing can you experience doing this stuff.. i.e. feelings in your arms, etc

Comment

It depends, sometimes it's warm, or cold. It may have a tingling sensation, or sometimes for me it's a sense of fullness in my body. It may also feel a little wind or electricity.

The most important thing is to focus on doing the exercises with intent and focus. Try to feel the sensations in your body, but just let them come and go as they please. If you don't feel anything one day, then you don't feel anything. No big deal, just keep practicing.
              "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

ah ha ...

reason for my last "small question about feelings in your arms, etc"

I was doing my small routine the other day and at the end I added

Lifting water
                i.e. in a goat riding stance, simultaneously raising both arms in front to chest level, gently breathing in, then slowly lower your arms pressing on water with your palms while breathing out.

If you can imagine heavy floating dust from sanding floating about in the air

as I moved my arms if felt like it was moving through lots of dust and it was speckling/tingling/tickling the skin on my arms and hands, as i moved up and

down it was surprising, at first i though it was pins and needles, but it wasnt

quite like that, it was really gentle.

I kept doing it for a while, just to keep the sensation.

What is the best thing to do when you want to stop?

put your hands to the side and keep breathing for a while ..

Thank you for your replies

Comment

i think traditionally you're also supposed to put your hands over your eyes or something.

Comment

The simplest thing is to put your hands over your dan tien and take a few deep quiet breaths while storing the energy there. Storing the qi is simple, just intend it to be stored.

There are more complicated closings involving breathing the qi from the hands into the eyes, then massaging the face, beating the heavenly drum, etc, but they always end with storing the qi in the lower dan tien.

Comment

I readEmbronic Breathing By the Dr. Yang Jwing Ming, that was hard reading. Would your recommend reading Root of Chinese Qiqong before other works?

Some things he says is he has translated only .02 percent of the knowledge in the ancient documents.
                      Last edited by Greenknight2; 08-07-2005, 05:20 AM.
                      "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

Comment

Today ive just ordered:

The Root of Chinese Qigong: Secrets for Health, Longevity and Enlightenment

Qigong, the Secret of Youth: Da Mo's Muscle/tendon and Marrow/brain Washing

Im looking forward to having a long read and see what these books are like.

like what Daodejing said read the roots one first before the other books

afew other people i know suggested the same .. now i just have to wait

for the post and see. twiddles thumbs

Comment

Have fun, its good stuff.

Comment

the most important aspect (one of the many) is to be consistent in training everyday, i like the analogy of stacking paper one sheet at a time each day, eventually after years of practice everyday, you will have a towering pillar of pape as a result, think of this as your internal strength.

of course your practice time(right practice) will determine how many sheets of paper are added on each day
                            "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

I haven't practiced for months. I feel let down. Disheartened, if you will.
                              Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Working...
                              X