Shi Yan Chang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shi Yan Chang

Looks like Shi Yan Chang, America's first real Shaolin monk, finally found a home.

We wish him well. Great guy.

The Shaolin Temple of the United States, now have its own website and e-mail address. The e-mail address of Shaolintempleusa@yahoo.com will be terminated soon this week. If any one of you wish to correspondence with us, please log on to the www.shaolintemplezen.org or e-mail us at info@shaolintemplezen.org . We will still receive mails and reply them. Please put them in your data base.

We will keep updates all mails and we will post the news from our sites and programs. Thank you for being with us.

Shaolin Temple of the United States, Inc
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Was Shi Yan Chang the one in charge of the monks of the temple?.
    If this is the first real shaolin monk, what about Shi Guo Lin's temple?.
    Something is confusing, isn't it?

Hector Villarruel
    Guadalajara, Jalisco
    Mexico

Comment

um, interesting I guess.....
      practice wu de

Comment

Not sure if Yanchang was ever "in charge". I would kind of doubt it, considering his age, and the time that he was at the temple. (He was rather young). He might have been a head coach or something along those lines, but nothing on the supervisory level, such as abbot, or even governing council member.

He was sent to America back in 1991 or 1992, under the supervision of the powers that were at that time; this was in the pre-Yongxin era. He was the first monk from Shaolin to come to the US. However, he didn't have a benefactor to help him take care of things (like some other horribly spoiled monk we know), and he struggled quite a bit for many years. His attempts at a school/temple failed, most likely that was part of the reason. Yanchang wandered after a while, ending up in Hong Kong for a while. I guess he's finally found a home in Queens New York. I had heard rumors a while ago that he was going to help Guolin, but I never got confirmation on that. I'm not exactly a favorite over in Guolin's camp, for obvious reasons.

Guolin was originally not from Shaolin; he was sent by Yongxin a bit after Yanchang set foot on US soil.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

I just read the story. You are right he sounds like a good guy. What one is looking for a good Master.
          Hector Villarruel
          Guadalajara, Jalisco
          Mexico

Comment

Is he teaching gung fu? Or is it just buddhism? Or both?

Comment

Working...
            X