chi?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chi?

i was doing a set of stances one day and as i was breathing in and outdeeply, i felt a wave or vibration go down into my belly and it seemed to originate in my armpit area. what is this sensation? is it chi?. if it is what can be done with it? ive noticed during this state of body and mind im also able to control my muscles better, stretch better, and spar better using an empty and aware feeling. its very complicated and im trying to figure it out. ive noticed also how i can be out in the cold by becoming one with the cold, then im not cold anymore. hmm...
    what else. i can supress my hunger, and it seems easier to digest food. also during training its useful in grappling situations since it helps me notice the direction of movement to follow in order to escape holds and avoid attacks, in a sense it made me more aware of the other persons intent and subtle weight changes. i even feel like my senses got a little tune up.
    i know water has something to do with it. during practice if i get a little tired i just drink some water sending it straight down to my stomach and i feel almost instantly replenished for another round. im currently training in judo and it has worked wonders for me, i still get beat by those with more experience, especially wrestlers and jiu jitsu players, but i find myself winning alot more often. I think theres a correlation to this sensation and the stance training i do. I think stance training makes this energy grow and i can actually feel it get stronger during stance training if my intent is to cultivate it, sometimes it gets too strong and a bit overwhelming but if i stop suddenly its kinda painful, i have to cool down slowly and it was very hard to learn how to do that. nowadays i dont do much stance training anymore cuz im lazy. but i can still call on that sensation at will and try to keep it there throughout the day. Unfortunately i dont really know what im doing and im not even positive if this is chi i am experiencing. I know that it can even be dangerous to practice it without proper guidance. but whenever i talk about chi im either looked at like i got issues or laughed at and not taken seriously. is any body out there familiar with this? if so do you have any useful info?thanks for reading this bull and have a good one. sorry so sloppy.
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Look , here is a really really basic exercise you can do to find your chi and discover what it feels like .

Sit with your legs crossed, close your eyes and relax. Rest your right hand in the palm of your left and rest your thumbs over each other. Have them a couple of inches below your belly button and this called cojoined hands. Imagine or picture that there is a permanent orange ball of light or fire that lives in your belly at that point. It is extremely powerful orange and emanates a radiant glow as you need it to and then when your calm or at peace fades blue and then glows white bule when your powering super strength to fight for something innocent and it stablises your nerves and makes clear and calm and aware of everything that happens around you and in your body. You can also send this energy through your body to clear qi blockages and imnto organs etc when you feel ill . This energy you hoild there cuts through anything at all.

Now bring your palms into parellel / always facing each other and slowly as you draw your hands apart your "ball " will grow. Imagine it with the same tauqe oe "give " as a beachball ( only this one is filled with the sparkly blue bits that make up the universe and it lives inside of you) and stop every now and then to check it out by giving it a little squeeze inward. As you pull back out again , you should feel a cool tingley sensation.
    You can play with that for as long you like and then practice sesnding it through different paths around your body . Imagaine that as it goes it cleans and cleansdes every micro cellular inch of your being from matter to to crusty energy, illness and ill feelings. After your done, rest your palms ( or feet if you do it standing ) flat on the ground or imagine woofing it back into your dantien ( the below belly spot you started from ).

When you get skilled with this, you can practice at the same time breathing in through your nose and as you breath out through your nose and those sparkly bits rain through and around your body , stick your tongue on the roof of your mouth and keep it there. This is getting advanced as far as mediation technique goes though ( however early stage qigong ) so first just practice your visualization.

Have some fun and enjoy your after glow

Blooming Tianshi Lotus

Comment

there's a lot going on in the body that we aren't aware of until we choose to pay attention.

now whether this is "chi" or not... i don't want to get into that again. see the thread "effect of directing the qi" if you've got the patience for it.

Comment

very insightful and useful information regarding the meditation and chi awareness ex. thanks btl. hopefully in the futre you can give me some advice on advanced med. techs. and intermed. and hard qigong. ive enjoyed meditating since i was very young!
        "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

yes ive read the thread, the usual intelligent confused onlooker looking for answers who will naturally put pressure on those to give him correct or accountable evidence. well ill tell you right now with that kind of attitude you will probably never know what we are raving about when we speak about chi. as for me, i was the same way. i can tell you chi is real, but if you have never experienced it you will tell me otherwise. just remember that you can never be taught, you can only realize the truth, and there is only one truth. chi aware ness for me did not come from the simple fact that i chose to be aware of it. it came quickly and unexpectedly during stance training. although the books that ive read have truly guided me especially the bk frANTZIS BOOK ON BAGUA TAI JI AND HSING YI(which is only philosophy and no application), AFTER READING THE CHARTS ON the pathways chi followed in the body and the instruction on sustaining chi in the dantien it was much easier for me to visualise, and the easier it was for me to visualize my energy, the easier it was for me to feel it and manipulate it. its all in the mind.

Comment

well ill tell you right now with that kind of attitude you will probably never know what we are raving about when we speak about chi. as for me, i was the same way. i can tell you chi is real, but if you have never experienced it you will tell me otherwise.
            .......and you all wonder why i drink so much.

Comment

In reference to the first post, congratulations rob, you're doing qigong.

It ain't dangerous to practice on your own as long as you have a calm mind, and decent body awareness. When something hurts, or goes wrong, stop, relax, and stretch.

And don't practice qigong between 10 pm and 4am. You're going to have to trust me on that.
              Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

cool! this has many uses i suppose?

Comment

why do you suppose that?

Comment

well ican warm my body curve appetite curve sickness curve fatigue(all at a beginner level), i know chi has applications, and that is why i suppose.actually im just an info leach, or a true learner i suppose. NOTHING COMES WITHOUT HARD WORK, UNDER HEAVEN>life is KUNG FU!!!

Comment

i know chi has applications, and that is why i suppose
                      yup, that's what i thought.

Comment

Originally posted by daodejing
                        And don't practice qigong between 10 pm and 4am.

D: We're going to chat about that sometime soon. You're going to have to trust me on that.

B

Comment

Originally posted by zachsan
                          .......and you all wonder why i drink so much.
                          Nah, I don't actually. I knew you drank a lot but I never really questioned why.
                          Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

i supposey yous a hosey wosey.nizzy fo shizee.eid dna tihs tae.

Comment

YOU eid dna tihs tae.
                              Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Working...
                              X