The War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The War

I'm actually kinda surprised no one is writing about this in here...

What are some of your thoughts on this? Good thing we went? Bad thing we went? How you'd do it if you were incharge?

Personally I think it is a good thing. Yeah soldiers are dying..they knew what they were getting into when they joined though. And civilians...sadly, stuff happens. But in the grand scheme of things, I think everything will work out, and hopefully, we find all these "supposed" weapons of mass distruction. If he doesn't..wow, that's gonna look really bad.

I've got some interesting feedback from some of my Chinese compatriots about the war in Iraq, soon to be published in the Shaolin Journal thread. Once I get around to finishing it.

I think we're in for one hell of a surprise when we get to Baghdad....
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

its not going to look bad

only a moron needs to be convinced sadam hussein is evil, along with his regime

if you dont know that by now someone needs to put you out of your misery

this should have been done 10 years ago, and i dont exactly feel bad for the U.S. soldiers that are dieing

for one thing only like what maybe 60(coalition)people have died? thats not even close to the amount of people that died per day in vietnam, korea, ww i ww ii bla bla

this is probably the most effective strike against overseas enemies ever to be conducted in history, and selfish reasons by bush or not... its still something that needs to be done

the only thing about the current events that 'bothers' me is something which is mentioned in revelations(in the bible..) about a 1 world system..im not saying thats whats goin on its just a little creepy sometimes when you look at the present in that way..but i doubt its anything serious like that

i dont have a good enough understanding of the christian religion to judge whether or not active christians really believe that or not..but its still something interesting to think about

anyway im for the war, and go get em gb!! hahahahaha
      "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

yo

yo doc, i see your on

peace brotha

hahahahah

~~sleep time~~

Comment

Vince, could you elaborate that one world system bit....explain what you mean...

Comment

After iraq..
            Award-winning news and culture, features breaking news, in-depth reporting and criticism on politics, science, food and entertainment.

By the way, wasn't the war all about protecting civilians from Sadam? American troops has allready killed 300-500 civilians by mistake the last days. To minimize civilians killed the US would have to bomb less and work with more groundforces.. But then it would be more risky for the american soldiers (soldiers, yeas, their the ones that should fight),damn egoistic cowards..

Sorry bout my lousy english =)

Comment

i already posted on a few forums about it and defended my religion enough so am taking it easy here lol

dave
              simple and natural is my method,
              true and sincere is my principle --Tse Sigung

Comment

revelations

lipster..read revelations..and really read it take your time, understand things word for word..and try and really get the essence of the chapter

in revelations, the 1 world system is talked about, where basically the world is ruled by 1 system, which is governed by like 12 i think corrupt leaders etc and basically if you dont abide by the rules of this modern day society you will be outcast and left stranded or imprisioned

now this is obviously where the misconceptions of 666 arouse..but its not entirely incorrect

for one thing like my pastor says..the mark of the beast isnt on your forehead(like it is stated in the bible) its in your mind, if you go along with the 1 world system you basically carry with you the mark of the beast(but dont confuse that with the unforgiveable sin(which really no one can commit dont get confused with that either) )

but in revelations it goes on about how people wont even be able to obtain neccesities like food/water clothing/shelter..money will be obsolete because it will be in complete control of the system(which this i think is also interesting because of the 'recent' advancements in banking and credit cards and all that..i mean if you think about it who cant the IRS get to? they go to bin laden and hes..well bin laden..i mean the guy had a secure bank account in switzerland or something and the American IRS froze his accounts completely..its just interesting anyway..)

anyway i dont want to help warp your understanding of that book(called it a chapter earlier oops.) its a good one..one of my favorites

read it =)

peace

Comment

HOW DO YOU LIKE THEM FRENCH???

Ha, I see more future conflict. That is, after we disentangle ourselves from the upcoming mess of Bagdhad urban warfare. This is all not going to be as clean as the last one.

"You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit...."

doc
                  Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Some friends and I have been contemplating things...

Do you really think that North Korea is gonna get involved? It's a possibility, but honestly, I don't think so.. Some people have been sayin stuff about the Russians too.. I dunno. And I've even talked to some people who think China is coming up soon. They "say" that China's navy is growing huge; possibly into one of the largest naval forces that the world has ever seen. Who knows?

Don't get all high strung off that lol. Just "sharing" what I've been talking about with people. It's kinda interesting to think about it, you know?

As for the here and now, I think everything is gonna work out. Doc, why do you think they will be a lot of trouble for us in Baghdad? I think the soldiers are able and ready. Human shields and children shooting AK's might be a little trouble though...

Comment

Because we're not dealing with people who play by the rules. When you don't play with people who play by the rules, anything can happen. And, usually does. Especially in cases of desperation.

It might get very nasty in Baghdad. Very nasty. Mixing up civilians and combatants always makes things nasty, especially when the other side does it on purpose.

russbo.com

Comment

"Because we're not dealing with people who play by the rules. When you don't play with people who play by the rules, anything can happen."

What? lol what the hell does that mean? so were not playing with the iraqis who ARE playing by the rules? I keep reading this, but its not clicking ...I think i know what your tring to say but what a mess lol

my oppinion..the wars gonna be over in..hmmm i give it untill the end of april at best

but we may have to keep the area secure for a year or two..or three who knows..may be awhile till a secure gov moves in and starts workin in there.

as for china lol..for one thing do i think china could attack the U.S. and win? no i dont

do i think we could attack china and win..not really, espcially right now with the economy..itd could WAY more to fight china overseas..itd take 10x the fire power..man power etc to fight them, and the political mess that would have to be dealt with would be insane..unless they attacked us or something which i highly doubt..

russia is our "allies"...uk definately is i mean cmon, do they want their former greatness back or what lol..theres no way they are betraying the U.S. for anything..and they are pretty powerful

i doubt theres really anyone that has a chance of ultimately defeating the U.S.. i mean look at the roman empire..they ruled most of the known world for a thousand years and only after it corrupted from the inside out did they really star to weaken..and corrupt leaders aside that really isnt happening in america..

so anyway..i think were gonna kick iraqi ass..i doubt its going to be very hard to take baghdad..but i do think "rebuilding" iraqi gov may be difficult..

Comment

You seem to ignore the fact that by acting without support from the UN the organization power and its struggle for peace has been almost lost.
                          And the fact that europe is shouting hurrah when a iraqi suicide bomber nailed 5 american soldiers today. Yeas, you can feel the hatred growing here much like the muslim worlds hatred towards the US.
                          The europeen union here in europe is constantly growing, throwing out or old currencys and getting everyone to use the euro etc. Im pretty sure theres gonna be some kind of polarization between the Europeen Union and the US (and yeas EU is growing a own military defence that has nothing to do with NATO (VEU). You

You americans is only ****ing up for yourselves when fighting this war =P.

Comment

Iraqi Foreign Minister Naji Sabri was asked in a mid-March television interview whether Iraq would use the tactic of suicide attacks against the invading forces.
                            “We have prepared ourselves for all kinds of war,” Sabri said. “For many months, tens of thousands have volunteered to serve as martyrdom-seekers (suicide attackers) in the battle with the American enemy. We trained them and readied them. We have prepared ourselves for street fighting and desert fighting.”

One example of not playing by the so called rules.

When you're dealing with an enemy who has nor regard for his life or the lives of his people, you're dealing with a very powerful enemy. Ironically, this issue is our army's weakness.

It's going to get messy.

russbo.com

Comment

doubt

doubt it very much

you think after all the ownage weve been doing theres gonna be legions of suicide bombers just waiting to kill themselves for a dieing regime?

hahaha i dont think so..very few if any would do so imho

peace

Comment

Working...
                              X