Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• books

Dear Doc,
    You said a few months ago that you had a few copies of De Qian's Shaolin Encyclopedia. I did not reply earlier because I was without computer access. I did not see them in the docstore so what do I do if I am interested in buying a set? Also do you have any kind of an estimate on their price, if you can sell them?
    Thank you!
    Green

It's completely in Chinese. And I think I have a few copies, but I'm not sure. I can get more. Are you sure you want one?? Lot of money for something that you can't read.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

They run around 3-5 hundred usually. There is a guy that'll sell you a 100 dollar copy on disc that posts on the shaolin forum at kung fu magazine's site.
      practice wu de

Comment

Does this guy realize that he's in violation of international copyright laws? Last time I spoke with DeQian, he didn't give anyone rights to his book.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

I know they're all in Chinese, but while I realize it will be very difficult, I thought it might be a fun challenge to try to translate them. But right now I am mostly curious about the price. Thanks!

Comment

You don't want to try to translate it. A lot of it is in the older, "more traditional" Mandarin, as opposed to "simple" which is common now. Even some Chinese I know have difficulty reading it.

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
            X