Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

kyusho jitsu, deadly pressure point attacks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kyusho jitsu, deadly pressure point attacks.

anyone heard of kyoshu jutsu? its like the xena pressure point technique stuff.

can anyone account for its realness? i saw a ripleys episode where a black belt guy stopped another mans heart by blovking a punch by grabbing the wrist and then kickin him in the bicep. the guy fel back and the paramedics were tracking his heart beat and it slowed eventally till zero then the guy started shaking and the black belt comes up and starts hiting him with palm slaps to the back and th ecg goes back up to normal.
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

yeah.... sounds like bullshit.

Comment

This one time, in a cartoon....

oh wait, is it one of those threads?

Can't wait until our local dim mak expert weighs in on this.
      practice wu de

Comment

Not utter bullshit. If you kick someone just right in the brachial artery (probably what he was aiming for on the inside of the bicep) it could temporarily stun the circulatory system due to blood suddenly being forced the wrong way back into the artery towards the heart. I doubt the heart actually stopped so much as started beating irregularly and may have skipped a few beats.
        Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Originally posted by daodejing
          Not utter bullshit. If you kick someone just right in the brachial artery (probably what he was aiming for on the inside of the bicep) it could temporarily stun the circulatory system due to blood suddenly being forced the wrong way back into the artery towards the heart. I doubt the heart actually stopped so much as started beating irregularly and may have skipped a few beats.

not utterly impossible, but utterly stupid... unless you were actually training to be an assasin or something...
          practice wu de

Comment

i wonder... if acupuncture is real, then dim mak could be a skillful attack to one or more meridian points. doesnt northern praying mantis do something like this?
            "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Wouldn't the artery break? It makes sense that the reversal of blood would eff his heartrate up, but I am pictureing some guy kicking someone in the veins, and the blood just bounces around. wtf?

And can you do whis sort of thing to unclog your arteries? Heh.
              Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

rob, that's exactly what traditional dim mak is.

acupuncture as a whole has been proven to have some good effects, but the fundamental theory behind it (even leaving qi energy out of it) - that acupuncturists know specific points on the body that result in specific changes in the body, and especially, that these points actually have the specific effects they're supposed to - remains unproven.

now take that into the realm of supposedly deadly pressure point attacks. dim mak "masters" claim to know points that will kill or maim targets, but also rightfully say that it would be unethical to demonstrate these on another human being. so when it comes to dim mak, not only do we know even less than we do about acupuncture, but we know that it's based on a theory that remains unproven, and we know that we will probably never see proof of it, because such proof would be unethical.

so the end result is you have people who claim that they can kill you with a touch but will never, ever prove this ability to you, nor have they ever proven this ability to themselves. hence, "bullshit".

Comment

Originally posted by Rob1357
                  .....i saw a ripleys episode......
                  Next time you're training, grab your partner around the neck and say "Relax. I saw this on a cartoon once, I think I can do it."

Pressure point and/or meridian attacks hurt and will stun, cause involuntary reflexes, even KO, but you have to be very skilled, strong, and fast.

I'm not a believer in "the death touch" (cue ominous music) either. This business of "I'll punch you here and you'll go away and die a few days later", is unproven hoopajoo crap.
                  Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

Let me just preface this by saying that just because something is unproven doesn't necessarily mean it's disproven. As far as death touch stuff, many of the death points have been cross referenced with modern science to prove the ability of such points to cause death (not that they definitely will, but just that they could). Off the top of my head, Stomach 9 is one such point that when struck, allegedly causes a deayed death (results up to hours or days later). The western interpretation is that St-9 lies over the Carotid Sinuses which contain many bariocepters and help control blood pressure. it is also a point in the cardiovascular system that tends collect plaque. The theory is that by striking St-9, we have the effect of sharply raising BP and possibly breaking loose some of the plaque. The plaque may then travel through the blood stream directly to the brain and cause a stroke. Maybe this is the basis of the stories about victims who have been hit then later on suffered paralysis and/or death death...
                    Mike Evans
                    Medford, NY

Comment

Oh, on the other hand...most of the kyusho jitsu guys I've seen have been voodoo witch doctors and snake oil salesmen. For example...the 7 year old little girl who was a Dillman student who "knocked out" out full grown male black belt with a light touch of the palm to his temple (I assume to GB-6 or something else in the area...) There's video around somewherew...I'll see if I can dig up a link. The best part is when the EMT's rush in to revive the guy. Almost as funny as the Yellow Bamboo guys...
                      Mike Evans
                      Medford, NY

Comment

maybe i can find these points by practicing acupuncture on myself... isnt that how the chinese did it way back when?

Comment

Do a web search...it's quicker
                          Mike Evans
                          Medford, NY

Comment

no, it doesn't necessarily mean it's been disproven. but it's pretty hard to "disprove" something. i can't disprove that you're actually a fairy from narnia, but honestly, i would have to be an idiot to believe you are. to some people that claim might seem completely different from claiming that you can kill someone with a single touch. not to me. there's equal evidence for each assertion.

you gave an example of speculation in scientific-sounding terms, instead of eastern ones, to make something sound more credible. science is based on hard experimentation and evidence. without that evidence, it's all just speculation, regardless of what words are used.

Comment

Mike, excellent point about carotid plaque dislodging and strokes. A surprising large number of people in the U.S. experience their first stroke within 36 hours of getting a chiropractic adjustment to the cervical spine. Does the same thing as a good whack to St 9.
                              Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Working...
                              X