Pope John Paul II dies at 84

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pope John Paul II dies at 84

VATICAN CITY - Pope John Paul II, who led the Roman Catholic Church for more than a quarter century and became history's most-traveled pope, died on Saturday evening, the Vatican said in a statement.

"The angels welcome you," Vatican TV said after the announcement came from papal spokesman Joaquin Navarro-Valls

The news was immediately announced to around 60,000 gathered in St Peter's Square and was met with a long applause, an Italian sign of respect. Bells tolled and many people wept openly.

RIP, Pope
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

he was probably weakened by the countless alter boy scandals. RIP
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Without a doubt
      Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Goodbye Pope..

Does the next Pope become John Paul III ???
        Attached Files
        I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
        "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
        "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
        "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

RIP pope dude, I wonder what nationality the next pope will be?
          practice wu de

Comment

The man worked right up until he died, gotta give him that. And nobody could sweep a scandal under the rug like that guy.
            Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

I understand there's quite a betting pool in Ireland for who will be appointed next Pope. Bookies are giving the best odds for an Italian Bishop (I think bishop, could be mistaken) at the moment.
              Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

i heard something about a kenyan and a brazilian.

Comment

Wooden Coffin?

Watching the funeral of the Pope, don't you think they might have given him a better coffin? It's a wooden box.
                  Attached Files
                  I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
                  "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
                  "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

it's tradition. i think it's wood inside zinc inside wood or something like that.

Comment

Yeah, it is a tradition thing....

And a humble thing... the image most of those higher up religous dudes like to do...

practice wu de

Comment

Wonder what the shaolin higher ups get buried in?

g
                        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Well, they have the pagoda forest....
                          practice wu de

Comment

Well, I hope all you Catholics like your new Nazi Pope.

Comment

LOL. Hey, he was ONLY in the Hitler Youth. Wonder how the Jews are taking to this.
                              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                              russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X