psychic monks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psychic monks.

has anyone ever heard of t. lobsong rama? he wrote a book about being a monk.

there were some pretty farfetched things in their, including opening the third eye in his forehead with a contraption that poked holes in his head, enhancing his psychic ability.]
    his wife wrote a book too.
    so do monks really do that? why the six dots on their head? ive heard of practices where a hole is poked in the skull in certain spots, enhancing your mind somehow by increasing oxygen flow.
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Right, I've seen stuff where people get parts of their skull removed and it somehow made their brain more able to grow or some ish like that. I always thought the 6 dots were just some sort of monk symbol or something like that. They don't poke them; they burn them.
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

they burn them.
      You sure about that....lol

Either way, I'd say try it and tell us what happens, but I don't know.... you might go to jail for telling people things like that.
      practice wu de

Comment

I am not gonna try it, you try it.

Momma always told me about monks burning holes into their foreheads. And that is a fact.

Comment

there was a cult i think in the early 20th century that drilled holes in the tops of their skulls so that god's divine wisdom would reach them more easily.

Comment

Don't try this at home....

Originally posted by zachsan
            there was a cult i think in the early 20th century that drilled holes in the tops of their skulls so that god's divine wisdom would reach them more easily.

It's called trephination, and it's pre-historic, the first ever brain surgery, actually. There's still [subliminal] crazy hippies [/subliminal] people who do it today, believe it or not.

I googled it and found this
            http://www.neurosurgery.org/cybermuseum/pre20th/treph/trephination.html

don't y'all appreciate that I have this kind of trivial knowledge knockin' around in my head?
            Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

i stand corrected, then. haha, i guess this is just the sort of thing that's so weird, i automatically assumed it must have happened in the early 20th century.

Comment

yeah, i know somewhat of trephanism, yet i wonder if it actually works, it would be much safer nowadays. a while back i read about modern day treph.some crazy guy claiming that in certain spots, a hole in the skull could be beneficial and may increase intelligence or psychic ability. still wondering if monks really poke holes in their head though, or burn or whatever, doesnt that spot on the forehead represent the third eye?
                "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

the branding spots in the head thing is symbolic of something else, not related to the "third eye". i forget what exactly. there were usually either 6 or 8 spots (i think), but keep in mind, it's not as if they burned holes through the head, they just tatooed their heads, in a sense.

if drilling a hole in your head made you a genius or gave you psychic ability, don't you think we would be seeing a lot more nobel prize winners with holes in their heads? it's bullshit, man. please don't drill a hole in your head.

Comment

man. please don't drill a hole in your head.

No go ahead and do it.... won't hurt much right

well are u still reading this go cut your head open already.
                    Didn't they do something like that in that jack the ripper movie, i think it made the people slow or something.
                    I have a feeling you will be luckier though.

Comment

Comment

~~~DESPAIR~~~ the coolest name in the world.

i didnt say that i wanted to do it,

~~~DESPAIR~~~!!!,i was just posing a question

Comment

Did Stylee try it? Someone check if he's okay, I told him to try it but I wasn't really serious.

I thought about the replies of this thread again...did some of you honestly think I was talking about burning holes THROUGH their heads? You gotta be fuggin kidding me, if you did.
                          Last edited by LeiYunFat; 04-19-2005, 11:36 PM.

Comment

I don't think anyone can actually find any historical evidence of the monk spots on head thing (or the silly hot coldren tattoo burns things on the fore arms).
                            practice wu de

Comment

I know, burn scars are supposed to last forever, yet he has none. But anyways, historical evidence is hard to find, yet so many of us are familiar with burning dots into skin. The only thing I can go off are paintings and such, but they are just paintings.

Doesn't matter though, I think the number was insignificant to psycic third eye stuff. 6 implies hard work/adversity and 8 implies prosperity, according to chinese numerology and chinese thought.

Comment

Working...
                              X