shaolin kicking forms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shaolin kicking forms.

ive seen alot of hand movements in the shaolin forms. is there a shaolin style that uses mostly kicks? i would think that kicks are more deadly than punches, due to longer reach and more muscle mass.
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Kicks are practiced when training basics in shaolin. We do hundreds of kicks per class in practice. There are kicks in the form just not as many.

Your leg muscle mass is much greater than arms.

It depends what you are hitting from what position. Either could destroy someone if done with the proper body alignment.

Comment

Yeah, we do kicking drills more than hand drills in class, have a number of kicks in forms too. Plus I try to kick the bag whenever possible.
      practice wu de

Comment

I have pathetic kicks. The last time I really trained in kicking was in TKD when I was like 7. I need an effin teacher...I ain't gonna be young forever.
        Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

IN shaolin history the first five chambers are all manual labor to get your body strong enough to handle the shaolin styles---when you get up to about level chamber 6 or 7 there is a system of all kicks---you are not allowed to use your hands and you would have leg blocking and kick attakcs with stances and footwork and you couldnt leave unless you mastered them all.

Comment

cyphertdb,
            you forgot about the branding and Master Po. That's a very important part. A Shaolin's kicks are invincible but you must learn the secrets.

Hey, I'm gonna research the war of 1812 now. KTHANKS!
            -Jesse Pasleytm
            "How do I know? Because my sensei told me!"

Comment

It was when Britain invaded the US in, you guessed it, 1812. They were beaten off but managed to burn down most of DC along with the Presidential house, which as kind of brown instead of white.

Comment

sometimes i forget that there are people who actually take martial arts seriously and those who watch too much "TV Kung Fu"

Comment

Three posts and sarcasm like that...

or do you actually think there are chambers?

Either way, welcome, and tread lightly until you can buy your way out of trouble
                  practice wu de

Comment

I actually have been taught by two different kung fu masters who teaches in the exact pattern of the historical Chambers of Shaolin that includes the Wooden Men Hall for which if one could not get thru they would die. No Sarcasm

Comment

I'll bite on this troll bait.

2 different masters. Care to drop names. I gotta tell you that sounds like a load of dung.

Would you be able to identify these 2 "masters" out in Arkansas by the dragon tiger cauldron burns on their inner forearms?

Did you buy the wooden dummy's online or carve them yourself by hand?

I learned a secret shaolin form once too. Its called crazy devil penis! Once you defeat all the wooden men with this style you get to do chi gung while you remove the splinters from your junk.

Comment

Perhaps the next doc tour should take place in arkansas. BtW, do you guys go cow tipping as part of your training regime? Or is that just another element to your crazy devil penis practice?
                        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

The only Shaolin that I've heard of in that neck of the woods is......

d'oh
                          practice wu de

Comment

Or the infamous, undefeated, hells wind penis!

Or my all time favorite Big red penis!

Comment

I've been a master in red iron penis since I was born. I've even had training in penis qi blasts. I'm so good at it, I can do it in my sleep.

Comment

Working...
                              X