qi qong doctors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• qi qong doctors

It may seem like crazy medicine but this simple healing energy technique can be very effective.

I was wondering if folk healers work the same way, as qiqong doctors? Just speculation.
    "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

i dont know too much about folk healing, but this article is credible. you can learn from it.
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

...this article is credible...
      well, no. the article basically displays its bias right off the bat.

"Qi gong, the Chinese art of energy cultivation and healing, is a crazy science. It makes absolutely no sense to many in the West, but like its younger brother, Acupuncture, a begrudging respect for it is growing among a wide strata of Western Health professionals."

qigong is not a science, it was created thousands of years before the invention of the scientific method; and the fact that there is some evidence supporting its effectiveness, but not very much, does not equate to "begrudging respect". that sentence alone demonstrates a lack of understanding of the scientific method and disdain for scientific investigation to begin with. then the author offers his own "evidence" of its effectiveness, the story of a 70 year old guy who claims to be a marathon runner, "one of the top in the country".

anyway that part of the article was not credible. but i don't know much about qigong, so for all i know, his description of the exercise itself is accurate.

oh yeah, and my favorite part:

"Likewise it is important to believe in the process, or at least suspend judgment."

Comment

Originally posted by Greenknight2
        http://www.fightingarts.com/reading/article.php?id=24

I was wondering if folk healers work the same way, as qiqong doctors? Just speculation.
        I would guess that folk healers may work in a similar way, but would have a natural talent for healing and qigong.

I skimmed the article, I don't care much for it.

One reason is the guy that runs the site*chief editor something or other* talks all about the japanese style he knows but when he goes to talke about his chinese arts he just says several, which is somewhat just sounds stupid to me.

Its possible that he knows so many style but unlikely, and if he really is a master of so many chinese styles that it's to many to mention *or for whatever reason he didn't say* i would say that his traning may have been watered down.
        qigong is not a science, it can't be scientifically proven just like esp.*i hate science*
        Either way there have to be better articles on qigong.

Comment

if you really hate science so much, maybe you should stop using computers, out of principle.

Comment

yeah u know what ......... ...........................................no.
            Almost had me convinced there.

Comment

Close, we'll have to keep trying.
              practice wu de

Comment

During this energy meditation do not think, listen to the radio, TV or to others and try not to become distracted. Don't think about what is happening or try to figure out why the exercise works. This stimulates the wrong part of the brain which interferes in the process. Likewise it is important to believe in the process, or at least suspend judgment. Research has also found that body cells and tissue respond to intent and emotion. Thus if you feel anything, it should be a happiness or a feeling of love. You can, at the end, visualize a healing process and yourself freed from the condition you wish to heal.
                Don't expect to do this healing exercise in the morning and feel healed by evening. While effective, this exercise works to stimulate and maximize the body's own healing capacities. It takes time, so don't be discouraged. It will take weeks but you should feel change as your body repairs itself.

In a nutshell. This guy knows what he's talking about, in my view.

quite difficult when attempted. yet i expect only a few people to know what i am talking about. heheheh, maybe im just a little crazier.
                "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

"Don't expect to do this healing exercise in the morning and feel healed by evening. While effective, this exercise works to stimulate and maximize the body's own healing capacities. It takes time, so don't be discouraged. It will take weeks but you should feel change as your body repairs itself."

oh yeah, that's my other favorite, "it will take weeks". most common injuries will heal after a few weeks, with or without qigong. practitioners nonetheless will attribute their normal healing to qigong all the time.

Comment

i found this interesting article on breathing and qigong, i havent read it all, but so far i totally agree with this guy on many levels.http://www.sacredjourneys.org/newsletter/news03.html

Comment

Look, proper qigong is great. It gets alot of things done in terms of medical use. But for any lasting results, the patient must practice daily, or see a powerful practitioner on a regular basis.

there aren't many credible articles about anything on the internet or otherwise in comparison to the amount of available bs, but as zach quoted, the author has written moronically, and with more than one mistake notable in his facts and presumptions.

This doesn't mean however that the author is not capable of teaching a valuable skill however.

But what the hell do I know, I feel like I study at Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry.
                      Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

jeeze that article is long. from the first few paragraphs:

According to the American Medical Association stress is the mother of all disease...
                        hey, yeah! to hell with the germ theory!

When a practitioner has qi realization they will find that qi is a bio-magnetic electrical infrared energy that exists in varying densities in and around the body as well as throughout the universe.
                        that's somehow undetectable by any magnetic, electircal or infrared sensors. ok, if you say so.

All religions are based on the practice of Guru Yoga, that is, having faith in a God or savior that will enlighten them or bring them to a promised land when they die.
                        hey, yeah! to hell with all of the religions that existed before judaism!

Comment

as for the germ theory, the body under stress is more susceptible to infection.

so a happy person will have less chances of becoming sick then a depressed or stressed person.

breathing promotes circulation, the lymph nodes create antibodies to fight disease, these antibodies travel through the bloodstream. deep breathing encourages healing through circulation in many ways, it also encourages development of chi.
                          Evidence

Scientists have studied tai chi for the following health problems:

Falls in the elderly, postural stability
                          Several studies have examined the effects of tai chi on balance and on the risk of falls in older people. Most studies have been poorly designed, and results are inconsistent. Further research is needed to determine if tai chi is safer or more effective than other forms of exercise in the elderly.
                          Balance and strength
                          Early data suggest that tai chi may improve balance and maintain physical strength. These benefits may be similar to those of other forms of exercise. Better research is necessary before a definitive conclusion can be reached.
                          Depression, anger, fatigue, anxiety
                          Preliminary scientific study reports that tai chi may help to alleviate depression, anxiety, confusion, anger, fatigue, mood disturbances and pain perception. Additional research is necessary before a clear conclusion can be reached.
                          Breathing, fitness, physical functioning and well-being in the elderly
                          Studies suggest that tai chi may improve cardiovascular health, muscle strength and coordination and may decrease osteoporosis risk. It is not clear if any of these benefits are different from those offered through other forms of exercise. Nearly all of the studies that exist in these areas compare tai chi programs with a sedentary lifestyle, not with another form of exercise. Tai chi has been found to be of low to moderate intensity in the cardiovascular studies thus far, which makes tai chi a candidate for certain rehabilitation programs. Further research is needed before a clear conclusion can be drawn.
                          Chickenpox, shingles (varicella-zoster)
                          A small placebo-controlled trial showed 15-week treatment with tai chi may increase immunity to the virus that causes shingles. This may suggest the use of tai chi in the prevention of chickenpox and shingles, but further well-designed large studies must be done before a recommendation can be made.
                          Osteoarthritis
                          A small, randomized, controlled trial in women with osteoarthritis reported that 12-week treatment with tai chi significantly decreased pain and stiffness compared with a sedentary lifestyle. Women in the tai chi group also reported fewer perceptions of difficulties in physical functioning.
                          Osteoporosis
                          A recent case-control study in women showed those who practiced tai chi had a higher bone mineral density (a factor that protects against osteoporosis) compared with nonexercising individuals. A larger study is needed to confirm results.

The ancient Chinese concept of Chi energy is the foundation for the modern practices of acupuncture and acupressure. These two disciplines have shown their effectiveness in many scientific studies. Now further research in the area of Chi, or the life energy which circulates up our spine, has resulted in advanced health technologies. A Chi machine increases the production of Chi energy and has been found to significantly reduce physical problems connected with diabetes, fibromyalgia, circulatory problems and arthritis.

Comment

as for the germ theory, the body under stress is more susceptible to infection.
                            that my friend is a far cry from "stress is the mother of all disease". a perfectly happy person could simply get unlucky and contract ebola while a depressed cynical mother****er lives til he's 80. life ain't fair.

that evidence makes my point for me. look: "Additional research is necessary..."; "Further research is needed..."; "Better research is necessary..."; again, "Further research is needed..."; "further well-designed large studies must be done..."; "A larger study is needed...", etc., etc.

A Chi machine increases the production of Chi energy and has been found to significantly reduce physical problems connected with diabetes, fibromyalgia, circulatory problems and arthritis.
                            what the **** is a chi machine?

Comment

i know that when i do stance training, nowadays i can feel a very obvious wave of heat originating from my mid belly, especially when my hands are in front of it. i can somewhat control this heat wave with my will, but i dont know what sort of qigong this is or what effects this might have. its similar to the warming effect cardio work has on you, but for me i can summon it by simply deep breathing and a light form of meditation/concentration. you know how some people to get warm they do jumping jacks or run in place, this will temporarily warm them, yet they will eventually get cold again and have to repeat. for me, i just have begin deep breathing, then i will fell goosebumps and a wave of energy over my skin. this warms me so im not cold anymore, and i must maintain this mentally or i'll get cold again,its not hard, its kinda like letting go. i practice this at night talking to my friends outside lightly dressed in cold weather. they freeze their asses off and they have jackets on.

Comment

Working...
                              X