Info on mizong/ iron shirt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info on mizong/ iron shirt

Hey, if anyone has any information on mizong could you please post some of it.

Also anything about iron shirt training, i once heard that there are two different types of iron shirt training internal and external. What is the difference in the training methods of the two besides the obvious.
    Any info on that would be great too

The only info I really have on it is off of the internet....

do a google search if you haven't already, there has also been a few threads over on kung fu magazines forums.
    practice wu de

Comment

xing jian says he knows a little* mi zong, ive read about it in mags and shit, its interesting but i never really looked for alot of info, the footwork is supposed to be something special..i cant really imagine

iron shirt can be done alot of different ways, in shaolin they take different approaches..like guolin, i dont know what he does but supposedly all of his skills in iron body are from chi kung alone, and hes brick

my sifu says that small golden bell takes 10 years im not really sure what that includes because there is alot, 10 years of chi kung is basically a whole system in itself, which is what you often find with iron body and alot of other skills

personally id like to explore the taoists take on iron body, really just for the helluva it i guess..but they implement like dieting and fasting and lots of wierd shit.. buts its all good stuff for the serious practitioner

"i once heard that there are two different types of iron shirt training internal and external. What is the difference in the training methods of the two besides the obvious."

you cant have real iron body the chinese way without internal, really you always have to have both..how you get there is one thing, but either way for real iron body you always have to have internal work
      "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Another quick note, there are many different spellings of this style (as with most styles of cma).

my jhong law horn is another way some people spell mizong lohan.
        practice wu de

Comment

Iron Shirt Training - Another version

The exercise “Iron Shirt” is hard GONG FU for the development of the external force. If you combine this exercise with training the internal power by means of TONG JIA GONG (“The art of a child”, or “Children’s exercises”; a complex of 16 exercises for teaching children develops flexibility, equilibrium, control of breath, steadiness, and speed), you can attain the same result as in GONG FU “Covering with Gold Bell”. However, it is not easy to reach success, that’s why the people in command of this GONG FU can be seldom found.

The training method of “Iron Shirt” is as follows: you should wrap round your breast, stomach and back with a few layers of soft fabric, then massage the wrapped spots with force. Bend and unbend your elbows from time to time. Don’t hold your breath. It is advisable to sleep at a hard bed at night so that the body would touch a rigid surface. In due course the body becomes strong. It is somewhat difficult at first, but you will gradually get used to it. Besides, it is necessary to make a horizontal bar in the court, dig out a shallow pit under it and fill it with fine sand to a depth of 1 CHI approximately (CHI is a unit of length equal to 0.33 cm). Train yourself each day in the morning and in the evening in the following way: hang on your arms on the horizontal bar, then fall down to the pit so that some part of the body – shoulders, back, breast, stomach, buttocks etc. touch sand. During one training each part of the body should touch sand twice in such a way. You train yourself in this way during three years.

Then you train yourself without wrapping fabric. Now you should strike at the whole body with a wooden hammer, then with an iron one. It is necessary mobilize the internal energy QI during training, concentrate attention and direct force to the spot at which you deliver a blow. It will take another three years. When the upper part of the body becomes as soft as cotton wool, it means you have mastered GONG FU “Iron Shirt”. If necessary, you will be able to mobilize internal energy QI and concentrate the force Li, your body will become as hard as iron or stone. A punch or a blow with a solid object will not do you harm. But all the same, blows with a heavy weapon should be avoided.

Enjoy!

Comment

I guess the wrapping fabric here is just to get you used to having your abdomen contracted without using concious force to do it. The massaging is likely to allow you to check how strong it is and how deep or thick it's density lays. The same way as you might put a hands on your abdomin when doing certain crunches or hammer fist as you do and so on. If you have a partner, being careful of your dantien, try out having them lay a few into you. That way under controlled means, you also get to practice conentrating your jin further while trying to maintain your density and easy breath. DO NOT try this if you are a beginner, but definately bear it in mind for down the track.

As for daoist methods, baji , I know from 16 yrs experience in qigong and from what I've gleaned from local masters while in China has a great iron palm and body skill. Tai chi ( also from daoism) , and even wing chun , popularly attributed to daoism, has pressure point figthing systems ( more information available on this from the Wing Chun Muesum in Phillidelphia USA or in the Wing Chun encyclopedia) The easiest defence to these types of attacks, besides really good satori awareness and best speed, is iron skill.

As far as I know about mizong, it comes from shaolin gongfu systems and is more a style that highlights principals of moving to the side, which is likely why it has such good elbow fighting.

I found this link for you http://www.geocities.com/ycgf/arti_NW.htm

so enjoy your read.

cheers

Blooming Lotus

Comment

I actually screwed up on that post. I meant to say bagua zhan has iron palm forms and not baji.......... at leasdt the 8 ( ba) bit was right though and correction made

cheers

Comment

Well thanx for the info everyone.

btl, what is satori awarness that you were talking about earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by Uwe
                  The exercise “Iron Shirt” is hard GONG FU for the development of the external force. If you combine this exercise with training the internal power by means of TONG JIA GONG (“The art of a child”, or “Children’s exercises”; a complex of 16 exercises for teaching children develops flexibility, equilibrium, control of breath, steadiness, and speed), you can attain the same result as in GONG FU “Covering with Gold Bell”. However, it is not easy to reach success, that’s why the people in command of this GONG FU can be seldom found.
                  Do you know if these child exersices are also known as virgin boy exersices.
                  And out of curiosity, can you do these exersices ?

Comment

Originally posted by ~Despair~
                    Well thanx for the info everyone.

btl, what is satori awarness that you were talking about earlier.
                    http://sped2work.tripod.com/satori.html

Have a read of the link but what it really comes down to is just being a meditational state environmental awareness ( and your ability for respective reaction time to disturbances in that environment at earlier flagged self-notice to respond) that buddhism and particularly shaolin happens to have some some awesome methods and techs and how to do and maintain.

feel free to google search it aswell ............ there's heaps to read and 1001 ways it's presented pending how you need to hear it to understand .

cheers

BL

Comment

How about this for an "iron shirt" method. Get a plate of Iron sew it into your shirt, then you have an Iron shirt.
                      "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

Comment

Originally posted by Uwe
                        ...But all the same, blows with a heavy weapon should be avoided.
                        I like this part...also avoid getting shot by guns.
                        "Arhat, I am your father..."
                        -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

I like this part...also avoid getting shot by guns.
                          That is unless your a high ranking baji practicioner. Hear those floks are pretty quick!

g
                          ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Working...
                          X