X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apocolypse slows traffic

Locusts plague Bangladesh highway, blinding drivers
    02.05.05 7.20am

Swarms of locusts blinded drivers, halting traffic along a 40km stretch of a highway linking Dhaka to the southern port of Chittagong, police said on Sunday.

Masses of insects started hitting windscreens around midnight on Saturday, forcing dozens of trucks and buses to stop on the highway for up to four hours, a Chittagong police officer said.

"They came flying by the millions, all of a sudden, apparently from nowhere, causing panic among passengers," the officer said.

The motorists resumed their journey around dawn when the swarm cleared.

- REUTERS

I read that a during a swarm there can be up to 50 million insects per square Km. Gives me the heebies just thinking about it.
    Attached Files
    Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

It makes me want to take a flamethrower to that ish. But only theoretically, I would probably have a swam on me...ew.
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

I carry bugs outside rather than kill them... unless they're ON me, then they take thier chances.

If faced with that swarm crap I'd be out there in a hazmat suit with a tennis racquet in each hand trying to take out as many as possible.

I like the flamethrower idea... if they were flammable, one locust would spark another one and the whole swarm would immolate almost at once...

which would be cool.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

Or they'd be this huge flying fireball, and while that'd still be cool on the action movie front, the actual carnage... oh, nevermind, either way thats crazy, and will be added to the doomsday sayers laundery list.
        practice wu de

Comment

that pic is hilarious
          "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

I think atleast the apendages and wings would burn off or cease function, but I do like that fireball of death idea. It's like the ultimate plauge-- one minute they are eating the crops, and the next, they are burning them to a crisp.
            Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

If only the locusts could burst into flame on command. There's a superpower I could use, mind control of all insects.

...but I digress...

Comment

ONLY one more PM. the 100th post is coming. you can't avoid it.
                ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Actually I think I might hang out at 99 for a while... I like it here, you know.. it's all comfy and stuff, I have it all broken in. I look good in 99, it suits me.

...aw crap.

Comment

Working...
                  X