Kung Fu Cures Cancer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kung Fu Cures Cancer!

How's that for a dramatic, attention grabbing subject?!

Anyway, just read in the news that latest research says that 'vigorous physical activity' can reduce the risk of having a high-grade disease, or dying of prostate cancer by almost 70% which seems quite significant if its correct..

Read all about it here..

More kung fu = less cancer! Thought it was interesting anyway..

Not a cure, preventative, but not a cure....
    practice wu de

Comment

in related news, drinking a bottle of jack daniels a night is bad for you, and sleep may be beneficial.

i don't know if i can deal with all this newfangled research.

Comment

lol at being in better health being better for you....

who would have figured.
        practice wu de

Comment

Cynics the lot of you!

I think the interesting point is that exercise can help slow the progression of cancer.. sure being in good health is healthy but having cancer is already not healthy!

Of course the drawback is that all those 60 year old guys with cancer who suddently take up 'vigorous exercise' to slow down the disease will kill themselves with a heart attack instead..

So basically you can't win, we're all going to die no matter what.. unless you get some of those funky new top secret anti-oxidants that work so well on worms now but thats for another thread..

Comment

exactly.... and so we return to the jack daniels, clear of conscience.

Comment

There is nothing clear, nore conscience about JD...

I think thats why I get along with him and his friends so well.
              practice wu de

Comment

Grey goose on the other hand.....
                Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

I think the point is that no matter how bad any facet of your health or whatever is, there'll always be something you can do to make it a bit better at min and you can start any time you choose. Rocket science. Truly!

cheers

B

Comment

Originally posted by Firbolg
                    Cynics the lot of you!

I think the interesting point is that exercise can help slow the progression of cancer..
                    Well, be careful how you "read" these medical studies. I'm constantly amazed at how researchers can "interpret" their studies.

One thing that comes to mind, is that people who exercise, also tend to have good dietary habits, and, also tend to limit fats in their diets. Dietary habits have been associated with certain types of cancers; it is clear that diets high in saturated fats are a risk factor for many types of cancer. Also, people that are more exercise oriented, also tend to smoke less, another very high risk factor for many cancer isorders.

There's no doubt that exercise is good for you. But I doubt that it cures cancer.
                    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                    russbo.com

Comment

Another anti-diathermy smoking beefist ha???? And of course.......smoking causes all cancers , has no benifits despite dietary considerations and breathing exercises etc, and those centaurians who smoked for 70 yrs + just had no idea what they were talking about!!

Well fancy that!

Lotus

Comment

As opposed to the half ceturians who have emphasima (sp?)
                        practice wu de

Comment

I'm sure one day woody allen will be proven right and smoking will be found to be good for you.. (and not by the tobacco corporations) then I'll have a lifetime of non-smoking to make up for dammit!

Comment

i don't think smoking can cause skin cancer.

Comment

Well there's an "informed" statement !

Blooming Lotus

Comment

Working...
                              X