Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yantai Shaolin Martial Arts Academy

Hi,

I'd like to announce a new Shaolin school in China. It's located in Kunyu mountains that surround Yantai city in Shandong province. I myself went to China to train gong fu 1 year ago. I started at Siping and ended up in Yantai. I spent 6 months in Yantai and now i'm affiliated with the school as its webmaster and promoter.

You can find more information and school photos on our website: http://www.chinashaolins.com

I will tell you honestly that it's not a large school compared to the one in Siping. It has only been opened for a short time, and there are no amazing facilities like in Siping (western toilets, huge training hall). However, it's more concentrated on training. And with few students (right now there are 3) you get valuable personal training, which you can't get anywhere else. Also, in the beginning each students gets a seporate room. There are about 15 more rooms available. Another great thing is the location. Besides being the origin of Praying Manthis style, this area is also tied with Taoism. The mountainous area creates a good atmosphere for training.

I think this will help many people who are looking for a school in China to go to. I know, as i myself was in this situation a year ago.

Thanks.

- Stan

does anyone else know anything about the teachers in yantai? are they real monks?how do you know this?has anyone else besides shizo studied with the shifus and what were your expirences?

Comment

Hey,

The masters are as real as real monks can get. There is no doubt in their skill.
      Not many people have gone through our school yet, but many people were taught by them in other places.
      One student who is there currently (Liam) has a website with "China blog." Maybe you'll find it useful: http://www.4amadventure.co.uk/main.htm

Comment

When you train from the age of seven that is all that matters. Even if he is not a "real monk". He will still have high skills in shaolin beyond anything any of us could ever reach. So I think that makes them good enough to be any of our teachers.

Comment

Precicely.

Comment

So we agree to agree. I like it!

Comment

"Those who are a waste will only learn the surface of the system. Those with desire will only be limited by their imagination. Those with talent will be lead to the path by their sifu. Those with both desire and talent can achieve the summit."
              "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

"Those who are a waste will only learn the surface of the system. Those with desire will only be limited by their imagination. Those with talent will be lead to the path by their sifu. Those with both desire and talent can achieve the summit."

Who said that? And does he teach Hung gar?

Comment

Sun Lu tang

Comment

i don't know if mortal can handle this "being agreed with" stuff.

Comment

hey guys im not attacking the school in anyway or the teachers im just saying alot of schools in china use the title of "monk" just to sell there school, im not doubting the shifus skills at all! it does not matter to me if they are monks or not as long as they have the knolege and skill thats enough.

Comment

I made a comparison pic after 1 year of training in China .."after" being on the left of course
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by shizo; 07-01-2005, 03:46 AM.

Comment

lol, atleast you lost your gut

u look like your in pain doing that side kick, didnt they teach u to stretch?!?!?

Comment

LOL man, why you disrespect? I just made a funny face, it's not because it hurts to hold my leg up.. why would it?
                            Read my website if you want stretching.
                            Last edited by shizo; 07-01-2005, 07:05 PM. Reason: addition

Comment

was just messin wit u shizo please dont kill me!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X