Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxers nose - sign of experience or poor defence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxers nose - sign of experience or poor defence?

Was watching a k1 fight on eurosport the other night and one of the fighters, a japanese guy, had a really mashed up nose.. I suppose its 'normal' to see it with boxers in particular, partly due to fights being many more rounds and consisting of mostly punches to the head, but also I see it quite often with MT fighters and the like..

Is it simply an occupational hazard that denotes much experience? Or is it a sign of poor defensive skills, ie. not keeping the guard up? Are there any battle hardened veteran MT/kickboxing type fighters that don't have a mashed up nose??

Do plastic surgeons do a brisk trade in 'boxers nose jobs' for retired fighters?

It's a sign of getting hit in the nose. Many times.

And plastic surgeons generally don't bother with trying to repair that sort of thing. ENT surgeons play with reparative nasal stuff more.

Plastic surgeons don't want to deal with poor old fighters, not when they can do boob jobs and other things on women who tend to have more money.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

not all fighters are like that, most mma arent, some are like frank shamrock lol..but look at ortiz, liddel, belfort, crocop, nogueira etc etc

boxers..not all boxers are like that, roy jones isnt..either way it depends on the person.
      "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

I was BORN with a bent up nose. I guess that makes me a good fighter. *shadow boxes*
        Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Working...
        X