Prevent or cure aching muscles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prevent or cure aching muscles?

Whats the best way to prevent or minimize aching muscles from exercise?

Assuming you already are aching from a work out, what can be done to recover quickly? Will another good workout the next day help or hinder recovery?

First time I tried a bunch of hindu squats I couldn't walk properly for a week and its just not cool walking around town with wobbly legs..

stretching helps alot, if its in your arms..forearms whatever, stretch them out. also, doing like a windmill hand , is good. stand in a bow stance and keep your spine straight, swing your arm backwards, but keep it relaxed, so that the blood rushes to your hand. switch with each arm, afterwards shake out your arms.

that should help alot.
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

get plenty of protien....

don't overwork you muscles too much.
      practice wu de

Comment

Warm up, then stretch when you start a workout.
        Cool down a bit, then stretch when you end a workout.

Don't overwork.

If you do overwork yourself, eat well, go to sleep, and if you feel like it there are plenty of chinese liniments desgigned for treating that sort of thing.
        Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

massage the area to get more blood circ, drink ample water after working out in order to help flush out the bad stuff accumulated.

If you're really sore, don't workout hard the next day, and you probably shouldn't work it out at all, you'll risk injury. Also, don't bench all day and go to do really deep dips.
          AOSJDALJDSASDkln

Oh yeah, do fairly slow and not strenuous stretching after a workout. And throughout the day, massage the area and do some stretching here and there.
          Last edited by LeiYunFat; 05-17-2005, 07:19 AM.
          Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

recovery is very important, if you do not let your muscles heal, they will not grow stronger. your muscles are sore due to lactic acid buildup and microtears in your muscle fiber. not allowing them to heal will mess up your muscle.

lactic acid is produced in your muscles due to a lack of oxygen reaching those muscles, that is why breathing is so important. and that is also why i am interested in the internal arts, since they deal alot with oxygen circulation and condensation in the body.

maybe some tai chi on your sore days wouldnt hurt...

yet there are two types of tai chi going around, one is tai chi exercise... which is doing the movements, anyone can do movements.
            the other is working with the internal aspect as well, linking mind and body, controlling your breath, meditation and so on...
            "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Working...
            X