Fish oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fish oil

Is fish oil as good as they say? Does anyone here use it?

Saw an interesting documentary on the bbc about the human mind and some professor in england was talking about a test done with schoolkids (by oxford uni I think) who were basically under-achieving.. they made them take a bunch of fish oil tabs every day and the results were quite impressive.. nearly all the kids showed a big change in learning ability, concentration and general interest in studying..

Interesting really since when I was a kid I always heard people say that fish is 'brain food' and I know people who would eat fish by the barrel while preparing for exams.. dunno where the idea came from back then that its good for the brain but recent scientific studies seem to suggest its true after all..

Fish oil is supposedly also good for people with depression and such like.

Its also good for joint problems.. arthritis or whatever.. and its good for the heart.. and lots of other things.

So basically fish oil is reputed to be 'damn good shit' that makes you live longer and healthier and smarter and makes you more attractive to the opposite sex and and and.. well you know.. its even better for the fish oil companies bank accounts.

Sucks to be a fish though.

eh, whiskey is still better.

Comment

Was there any ritilin mixed in there.... lol
      practice wu de

Comment

fish oil?

yeah i heard the same thing a while back, it had something to do with the fact that fish and fish fat had a protien\amino acid in it called omega 3 or something like that, which stimulates brain cell growth or something like that is the type of protien that brain tissue is composed of or something like that.
        maybe its because of the fact that fish live in water, which is pretty much the birthplace of all living things. they say the molecular makeup of the dead dea or red sea(forgot which one) contains almost every element found in the human body... or something like that.
        "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

I happen to have a bottle of Cod Liver Oil tablets right here...

This is what the bottle says:
          Cod Liver Oil is a source of Vitamins A and D. Vitamin A is essential for new cell growth and health, especially the eyes, skin, hair and teeth. Vitamin D is essential for the absorbtion of Calcium and for bone mass formation and maitnenance. A and D both are important for healthy immune system function. Cod Liver Oil also contains the Omega-3 fatty acids DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) adn EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid).

Those statements have not been evaluated by the FDA etc.
          practice wu de

Comment

maybe it's because fish have fins, and fins somewhat resemble wings, so eating fish is like soaring towards good health.

Comment

I think it's because of the "sh" sound in "fish". The "sh" sound is the universal spoken sound for "quiet", and "quiet" means undisturbed, or pristine, like you want your health to be.
              Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

Simply put, fish oil is a good yin tonic. It's fat, which is yin, and it comes from the ocean, which is quite yin compared to the dirt. Thus is it about as yin as dietary supplements get. If you're lacking yin, eat some.
                Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

And so a yang diet would consist of...lettuce? Lettuce comes from the soil and has little or no fats. I also am taking shots in the dark.
                  Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

GUYS, DON'T EAT THE FISH BECAUSE I HEARD THE SHAOLIN MONKS (LIKE, THE REAL KIND) DON'T EAT FISH. OMG!!!!
                    -Jesse Pasleytm
                    "How do I know? Because my sensei told me!"

Comment

AND I FORGOT TO ADD THAT LETTUCE IS GOOD BUT YOU SHOULD TRY TO GET THE CHINESE LETTUCE. FOR QI.
                      -Jesse Pasleytm
                      "How do I know? Because my sensei told me!"

Comment

yeah, i hear chinese takeout is good for qi.
                        "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

So is a lot of horsepower and torque in a disgustingly fast SUV.... lol
                          practice wu de

Comment

Originally posted by LeiYunFat
                            And so a yang diet would consist of...lettuce? Lettuce comes from the soil and has little or no fats. I also am taking shots in the dark.

No, not per say, lettuce is still yin, its cold, wet, bland. Yanger foods would be peanut, some kinds of meat, spicy food, and a list thats too long to be written here.
                            Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Don't let me forget about this. I have a lot to say about fish oil; just no time recently....
                              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                              russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X