ving tsun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ving tsun

does anyone know about this style of kung fu before i go and try it because the place is 20 minutes away.

If that's what i think(the spelling i know is Wing Chung),it's a Martial Art coming from Southern Shaolin Temple.A nun escaped from one of the currents massive murders of monks and the temple was destroyed,everybody killed excepted her..At this time the monks were trying to create a new style,faster and easyer to learn,but still very efficient,to counter the mandchous ennemies and train new people faster.
    She met a young beautiful girl called "Wing Chung"(eternal spring) and taught her the style,because she had to defeat a warlord forcing her to marry him.That's what she did after only one year of training,the warlord lost his face and was killed by his own mates.More details easy to find...
    Today it's a very popular kung fu style and i must say highly efficient,for the one ready to involve seriously.It will make you extremely efficient with your upper body,and the low kicks are deadly.It was bruce lee's first art,and you can feel it when you see his movies.I would say that it's important to learn Wing Chung for everyone,and it's deadly as a self defense technique too.The training must be hard also if it's a good club.
    Hope it's helpful,even if you just have to make a quick search on google to learn more...
    Bye
    The East? The West?

Men and Women, that's all...

Comment

why does everyone post that stupid legend? heh, listen..if theres a wing chun school near you and the sifu is good(screw lineage) if hes the real deal, absorb everything u can

wing chun is all about centerline fighting, they never taught wing chun in shaolin, so it really isnt shaolin gung fu, more like a style made from southern shaolin gung fu, it was initiated to fight a revolution, although as a system its got enough material to last a lifetime even though its relatively small system, really if you want to learn how to strike its good, for the clinch its alright, long range youd be better off with northern shaolin if your looking for CMA, overall its a pretty good style
      "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Well there you go, Vash&Nick. Two explanations on your school. Good luck.
        Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Vin/g tsun is the Taiwan pronounciation. Call the sifu ( instructor ) / sigung ( grand master) there and ask if they have a web site or for a quick run down on what type of wing chun they actually offer. I'm sure you know how to google and read so from there you should be able to do the math yourself. Also try (for example if the style or branch was Heng suen,) you'd type in your google bar " Heng Suen Wing Chun origins " or just "Heng Suen Wing Chun".

Go play and fun anyway. .......... There are some dodgy schools and teachers out there though ( as opposed so much to dodgy arts ), so just don't be too shy to take some mental notes for future cross ref.

cheers

Blooming Lotus
          Last edited by blooming tianshi lotus; 05-24-2005, 01:04 AM.

Comment

What are you trying to say about my ninjitsu class? My sensei REALLY KILLED 3000 warriors in Feudal Japan!

Comment

That just quietly it's called ninjutsu to start with and if that was your Sensei and he's still not branched out into his own school and therefore called Soke to all who respect him, I'm thinking either his shuriken or yours have been getting stuck places they just weren't meant for !!!

cheers

Comment

Sensei is gonna kEW U wit hiz shrinken.

He alzo makez boms an shiit outts eggshelz and piosin. lol owned gg no re

Comment

Screw the internet, go to the school. Most places will let in for one class for free, (or at least observe). Do you have enough faith in yourself to tell a quack from someone who's worth calling sifu?
                  Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

as a general rule of thumb, if he's wearing chinese-looking clothing, and speaks in vague terms about everything, and charges a ridiculous amount of money to take the class, then he has got to be the real deal.

Comment

hm hem

kung fu is made of legends,it's not only a science!
                      The East? The West?

Men and Women, that's all...

Comment

Dude, if you want to strengthen your punching and learn a good close range style, give wing chun a try.
                        Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Working...
                        X