This autumn in Dengfeng

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This autumn in Dengfeng

First of all.. Thanks for the great amount of precious information hidden on this site. I start to think these forums are most trustworthy source of Shaolin info available in the net. 'Hidden' because it will take days to learn to navigate. If there is ever going to be such blessed day that Doc will accept help from web professionals I know few who will work for free training in Thailand

Ok, my question:

Does anyone happen to know if De Cheng himself is going to be in China this autumn?

I'm interested also to make contact with people who are currently training in Shaolin area.

The thing is if you read any schools 'official page' or write and ask them they will promise you the usual stuff. What I have seen is when you go to any of these schools you will get the usual stuff, which is about half of the promised stuff. Sometimes they honestly try but there are some temporary obstacles. I'm looking for the usual: traditional, applications, qi gong.

I'm arriving with one friend hopefully late August (train adventure through siberia and mongolia). This is my second training trip. Last year I spent two months west from Zhengzhou training with Shi Yan Lin. I am very happy with that trip. I've learned living conditions, food and language are welcome challenge for me - for some they seem to be too much. The training was sports oriented but with Yan Lin we started to get into applications too. Now he has gone to another school and I've lost some trust to him. He was helping me to get some equipment to Finland and money was lost. His word against bank of china. Moneywise not a big deal for me, but I would rather not train with him.

Our trip will last at maximum to December and we will also visit Chen Jia Gou. My friend is very interested on that place although we both have only Yang Taiji experience.

Since I can't help you with your real dilema, I'll just throw out a few more of my comments.

"First of all.. Thanks for the great amount of precious information hidden on this site. I start to think these forums are most trustworthy source of Shaolin info available in the net. 'Hidden' because it will take days to learn to navigate. If there is ever going to be such blessed day that Doc will accept help from web professionals I know few who will work for free training in Thailand "

Hahaha, yeah, I think Doc likes to run around the site dropping little easter eggs for all the little kiddies to find. And you won't ever be garunteed to find the eggs, unless you're really lost or really dilligent.

Have fun in China, and good luck.
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Yes, there are many easter eggs. And with hundreds of pages that this site has grown into over the past ten years, ten years, god, haven't I had better things to do, it's gotten to become quite the monster.

Ummmm, read the "doc" page. An easter egg, and a prediction, from the very beginning. One that few, if any, really understood what I was really talking about, LOL.

I will most probably be in the Shaolin area in August. Not sure for how long though, my health has been bad these past two years, and I don't know how much actual training I'm going to be able to fit in. It's probably going to be more of a "rehab" type trip for me. As for Decheng, he will be back in Shaolin July 25th. He might return to Thailand with me in August. He is supposed to be back in Europe in October (France and Italy), as usual, and then, also as usual, back in my house in Las Vegas for late November, into possibly February or March, depending upon his mother's health, and other things. We'll both return to Asia at that time; he, to return to his school, and I, to escape the dreaded pollen of the Las Vegas spring.

I'm open to any sort of help with respect to this site. Really. I've done just about the entire damn thing myself over the years, unfortunately starting with FrontPage, and currently, because of the magnitude of this damn thing, have found it difficult to change it. I tried converting everything over to Dreamweaver, and redoing all the navigation, but, it was one hell of a job. The site is spread over two servers, one of which is in my house on a high speed line. That server uses over one hundred gigabytes of space, filled with programs, photos, forums, etc, etc.

You really don't want to offer to fix this site man. You have no idea what you'd be getting into.....
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

Thanks for sharing the travel plans! I think we will reach Dengfeng on 24-26 August. Most likely we will visit Shi De Chengs school to see if there is monks/coaches we would like to train with. Would be great if you and/or Shi De Cheng is still around!

And about the site: Don't get me wrong. I very much respect the quality and amount of work put into this! I also think it would be wrong to tame the monster. Cleaning up the lair is more what I wished for. And you are right.. currently there is no way I can offer my help. Then again last years my life has been mixture of beating monstreous websites with my laptop and searching the path to better kungfu. Not so far fetched idea

Comment

Hi Doc, sorry to derail the thread (and sorry to read about your troubles in Thailand and Vegas, Jackie wrote to me about it), I was just reading about De Cheng being in Italy in October or Novembre. I'm organizing a BIG demo and stage, with amongst others Xing Hong, in late October with BUDO Magazine ( http://www.shaolin-wushu.it/martialartsnight.jpg ). It will be in Milano on the 22nd, if De Chang is in the area I'd be most happy to have him come, if anything to join us for dinner, or if he wants to demo / stage I can organize. It would be good for him to be here and meet the directors of BUDO anyway, it's the biggest selling MA mag in Europe ...
          Let me know any ideas and I can start organizing things. In fact, why don't you come over to Europe with him?

Ciao,

Walter

Comment

I'd love to. But, I've just been invited to Kashmir. Which, I've been told is in India. And, Pakistan. But I'm not sure he knows that.

Lovely place to spend some time. Especially as a large bald American.

Anyway, I might be seeing Decheng in two weeks, so, I'll let him know about your event in Ocotober. I think he's supposed to be somewhere in Italy or France in October, but I'm not sure exactly where.

Did Jackie tell you about the new love in his life? Or did he just spread some of the shit that I'm dealing with...
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Let me know Decheng's plans, it would be nice to organize at least a dinner with him, Xing Hong and a few others.

Jakie didn't tell me anything about his new love ... did he tell you about all the pretty girls he was hanging out with in Beijing? My wife is a model and did a few fashion shows whilst we were in Beijing last time, so Jackie got to hang out with a few models from Europe ... he behaved very well though, almost a monk

W

Comment

No, he didn't tell me about the models he was hanging out with in Beijing.

Make a deal with you.

You tell me about the models he was hanging out with in Beijing, and I'll tell you about the prostitutes he was hanging out with in Thailand.

LOL....

Oh, I'm bad. Sorry, I tend to drift to the dark side every once in a while.

russbo.com

Comment

LOL you're bad ... Jackie? Pros? And there was I thinking he was a nice boy ... Tell him I'm very disappointed.

He has photo evidence of himself hanging out with models in Beijing, get him to show you or I can send you some.

Given your interest in the subject you should visit our school ... we are small but have possibly the most beautiful shaolin classes in the world thanks to my wife recruiting her friends and collegues
                  Here are two of our students http://www.shaolin-wushu.it/img38.jpg

W

Comment

A model wife, eh? No wonder why your school is successful and mine are not.

Never had a wife. Probably never will at this rate. Never had a model either.

Oh, wait. Did have a model once. In the Phillippines, at a politician friend's "party". She had been on Maxim's cover at one time. Really. A true, bonafide model. With real breasts. And, a real attitude.

What a bitch. Er, girl. With the flu. But, I fell in love. Oh, for about two hours. Cost a bit of money, as these parties always do, but, hell, love is love. And when these things happen, and you never know when they're gonna happen, you just have to go for it. And it always costs. Something.

She got cash, I got bronchitis. Surprised my whizzer didn't cough after that too.

Oh, back to Jackie.

Well, I doubt he's gonna get away from his "innocent" image. He got quite a kick out of the "ladyboy" phenomena here in Thailand. In fact, the first girl that he met here, that he really, really fell for, that we couldn't pull him away from, had a penis.

He eventually learned.

We dragged him to some place where the girls wear bathing suits, and the more talented ones, shoot darts from their, hmmm, that word gets "x'ed" out anyway. Talk about a blow gun. Surprised the shit out of me, I had been sitting there, watching Jackie fall in love with yet another one, this time a true female, when this little dart like thing flew past my head. Looked up, and saw this poor bastard standing there in front of me with one hell of a bored look on his face, holding a large balloon in his hand. This really fat chick was laying naked on the stage, grunting and groaning as she increased her intraabdominal pressure to, well, propel the next projectile.

After closer examination, I discovered that I was in the flight path. ****ing balloon wasn't big enough to shield me. Besides, from the twinkle in the fat "I'm an artillery man" chick's eye, I started to wonder if there was a bullseye on the top of my bald head.

We lost Jackie for days at a time. He fell hard for one of those girls, and subsequently spent ungoldy amounts of time with her. Sorry man, I ain't got no photos. There are some things that you just have to keep in your distant fuzzy memory. And thank god, my fuzzy memory is really damn fuzzy.

But, feel free to share some photos with us. The "cult" here would appreciate it. From the looks of that last photo you posted, I have no doubt the gang will be lining up at your school.

russbo.com

Comment

Seems like you guys had quite a time in Thailand. I hope I don't have to worry next time I see Jackie, he still likes girls right (real girls that is)? As a doc I hope you also explained to him the finer points of diseases and protection from them ...

Tomorrow morning I'm off to holiday in the south of France for a couple of weeks summer vacation, after which I will definitely send you some pics with Jackie, models included.

It's funny you say our school is growing because of the models ... we had a few students tell us that when they first came for trial classes they thought the girls were paid to be there for marketing! Not quite, but they do get special fees ... after all they do contribute substantially to the marketing

Have a safe trip back to China and let me know DeCheng's plans for October/November; I'll be checking only email whilst on holiday and then be back online around the 12th of August.

Ciao,

Walter

Comment

Working...
                      X