Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who like Asian Cinema

This is not a real thread,but i have seen two movies yesterday:

The first one is a Corean movie called:"A tale of two sisters" of Kim Jee-woon.It's the best horror/anguish movie i have ever seen.I strongly recommend this movie to any cinema lover it is extremely good.

The second one is Japanese:"Twilight samourai" of Yamada Yoji.It is astonishing,beautiful and deep.You have to see it!!!

Also "Sympathy for Mr Vengeance",Corean,from Chan wook Park,which is truely hard to see,be aware of the cruelty of some scenes,really disgusting but stunning movie really.

Also "Infernal Affairs",the one with Andy Lau and Tony Leong,very good action movie,for those who didn't see yet.

I guess there must be some people interested here.It is not only Martial Arts based but it represents for me the cinema as it should always be:you can't guess the end before the end!!

For those who seen one of all,please let comments so we can share some ideas about these movies.I would also like to compare different views of "A tale of two sisters" because there are many ways to understand it.

Cheers
    The East? The West?

Men and Women, that's all...

I sat down to watch "Internal Affairs." That lasted about 15 minutes because I kept leaving and coming back. I hated what I saw, and apparently, so did my family, who watched the whole thing. But hey, if you're just like my grandma and simply enjoy having a bunch of Asian people dance on your tv screen , then you'll love it.
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

i haven't seen a tale of two sisters, but twilight samurai and sympathy for mr. vengeance are both great movies.

when i tried to watch infernal affairs, i was very drunk, and it didn't work out so well.

Comment

If you like camp horror, try Mr. Vampire and/or Bio Zombie.
        Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

I wouldn't say i "loved" infernal affairs,but as i like Andy Lau and CHeong...I liked the movie and there are some good times.What do you mean by a bunch of Asian movies dancing on a tv screen Lei?

Zachsan if you liked those movies you can say you like cinema!You won't regret Tale of two sisters.

Plum what do you mean?Mr vampire and so are real movies?(sounds funny...)but if they are can you give the name of the director please?Thx
          The East? The West?

Men and Women, that's all...

Comment

Well my grandma doesn't care what the movie or show is about as long as it has Asian people in it speaking an audible Asian language. She will like it whatever it is as long as it has Asian people on the screen.
            Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

flow,

I just meant that they're kind of silly movies to watch for fun. Chinese hopping vampires, fending off zombies with dead chickens, that kind of movie. Director was Ricky Hui.
              Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

Working...
              X