Man cannot live on Qi alone..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man cannot live on Qi alone..

although some would have you believe you can!

From an 'advanced qigong' course description..

Food, heating for more than three years. Because the practitioners need food in the first six or eight months, the spending is little in China, U$50 - U$90 per month is Ok. Later on they don't need food any more. When the qi is full enough we don't need food any more; when the congenital mind-will is full enough we don't need sleep any more. But we should prepare for long and difficult time.
    WTF?!

I'd try it before you knock it, did you excerpt that from damo-qigong.net?
    Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

haha, what DDJ, try starving yourself for a few months before you ask whether maybe, in retrospect, it was not such a healthy choice?

the belief that you can live without food, whilst relying on some kind of spiritual sustenance instead, is called inedia. i brought it up in that old "reincarnation" thread. there are a few cults linked to this. the biggest one is "breatharianism".

so sayeth its leader, Jasmuheen:

My message is particularly helpful for teenage girls who are suffering from anorexia nervosa. The anorexics I've met have been absolutely ecstatic at the idea of living off liquid light, and are delighted to hear that Breatharians can give up food and water entirely, without any ill effects.

Comment

Yep thats the place.. an interesting site until I got to that bit.. sounds awfully like that cult thing in australia where they claimed they can live off the air and whose followers have been known to starve to death..

Fasting for a while is one thing but surviving completely without food for long periods (which appears to be what they mean) because of qi or anything else is rather unlikely imho..

I may believe it if/when I see it (and its 100% verifiable) but I am not about to try it..

Comment

Where are the sane aussies at?

Haha....In response to Zachsan's comment, Id just like to say that Im an Australian male that enjoys alot of the benefits of this site and Id just like to point out that not all of us are as insane as this site (and/or the media) would have you beleive. Perhaps its because our country's "leader" (a term I use very loosely here) looks like a poorly drawn cartoon character.
          I am not in any cults of any nature (unless it has become official that the Russbo network is infact a cult) and have never actually heard of that cult before.
          I mean I cant fathom going a day without food...let alone giving it up....Whats the fun in that?
          I also like to think that I am somewhat sane and coherent...Not that im suggesting anything here....at all...*cough*...excuse me.
          Oh and I almost forgot about the Docs good mate the skitzophrenic who claimed responsibility for the asian Tsunami disaster thanks to his negative energy wave sending abilities.
          You know what....after careful consideration I guess anyone who visits this site regularly has every right to think that we aussies are all loonies.
          I just thought Id say that there are more than a few somewhat normal aussies out there interested in and doing shaolin kung fu.
          I dont know...maybe this site is just a magnet for crazies....But what I do know is, it makes for a more fun and interesting read.
          Cheers mate and Amitabha

Comment

Originally posted by Firbolg
            although some would have you believe you can!

From an 'advanced qigong' course description..

WTF?!

woah!!! free???? lol......

anyway...........wtf wtf???!!!!

You know shaolin gongfu was somewhat born of damos 9 yr cave sitting to the same godammed ends..........

It is a huuge part of buddhism and a huuuge part of how you came to get your own fu ........

really disrepectful and as far as Zachsan's comment goes......... wtfhell do you mean 3 mths???............ try 9 yrs pal and do it outsida mod crazy public and distracting life and do it somewhere where the whole mofo population is anorexic!!!!!

Sweaty / dirty / hot / starving / no hope / no prospects / what you going to do ............. sit down and comtemplate .............and we all know how hard life is in these countries ........... we know that it started with the yogis in terms of long term foodless in exchange for reaaaaally really quietly sitting mediations ....we know that there have been studies to establish what happens physiologically to human beings under various state of mediatational trance and your comments on it are repirivitively and increasingle for just ignoring the truth and sanity and logic in the opposing argument...... extremely childish and arrogant...........

get a mofo grip already and accept a f*cking fact............ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

with love and the type -of look you might shoot a rebellious student or kid you're concerned and very momentarily fed up about
            Blooming tianshi Lotus

Comment

i don't have to stop ignoring her, just because she's out of hell.

i'm going to leave her rants to the intelligence of the audience. i just have better things to do. like internet checkers.

Comment

really disrepectful
                Its not disrespect, its disbelief.. there is a difference. Show me someone *today* that is living with no food.. old legends do not count.

Comment

Oh shit, she's out?
                  Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

maybe i should try this?lol

well, can you sink the chi into the dantien or more like stomach and curve hunger? i can do it to a small extent, though i dont think my energy level is anywhere near a 6-8 month practitioner who does nothing but eat drink and qigong,

i think its possible, but living your whole life without eating? thats kind of farfetched goalwise, also no sleep? well i guess your body becomes so efficient at relaxing repairing meditation that sleep is no longer needed? well they say i hour of meditation is equal to 6 hours sleep.

its too bad that i always got the "munchies"... just kidding.
                    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

is that me?
                      "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

I believe it's referred to as bigu in Chinese, but can't remember what the characters look like. Anyhow, if you do a search on it, you'll come across something.
                        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

well it can help to sway off hunger and headaches, but shit thats just a load of bull, they do seem to be baseing on the damn cave fact but, c'mon people get a grip, gonna have to almost agree with btl, on this one
                          Actually, Ms. Lotus was saying the exact opposite, that if we don't "accept the f*cking fact" that someone can live for years without food, we're just being wilfully dense. She's got a unique view of the world, to say the least.

Comment

Main Entry: insane
                            Part of Speech: adjective
                            Definition: foolish
                            Synonyms: batty, bizarre, bonkers, cracked, crackers, crazed, crazy, cuckoo, daft, demented, derailed, deranged, fatuous, frenzied, gone, half-cocked, idiotic, impractical, irrational, irresponsible, loony, lunatic, mad, maniacal, mental, moonstruck, nuts, nutty, paranoid, preposterous, psychopathic, psychotic, rabid, raging, raving, schizo, schizophrenic, screwy, senseless, stupid, touched, unglued, unhinged, unsettled, unzipped, whacko

Antonyms: sane, sensible
                            Source: Roget's New Millennium™ Thesaurus, First Edition (v 1.1.1)
                            Copyright © 2006 by Lexico Publishing Group, LLC. All rights reserved.
                            Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

Well for those of you who disbelieve this idea of living off of "qi" he are some counter arguments.

Some of us may be lost in the next stage of evolution if we don't accept the possibility of autotrophy!

sun gazer

autotroph

DIE
                              "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

Working...
                              X