veterans of Deng Feng

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• veterans of Deng Feng

In case of emergency, how do friends/loved ones in the USA contact me when i'm in Deng Feng? US Embassy? I'll likely be training at Decheng's school.

Thank you.

I believe the closest embassy is in beijing/shanghai? I wonder why I'm answering having never even visited US Buttah if the emergency is China going to war or natural disaster with thousands of people missing - then propably the embassy will do the best to reach all citizens.

I think this is lot up to yourself. Keep in contact and let people know where you are and how to contact you and the school/hotel where you are staying. Email is a good option. Internet cafes are everywhere and many dengfeng schools have internet access too. Getting a chinese prepaid for a mobile phone is a good and not very expensive option (at least from europe you can call for less than 1€/min). Also your shifus are likely to have a mobile phone of their own.

Comment

Ah I forgot. Coming from US you must have a mobile phone that works with the 'rest-of-the-world standard' GSM network. They also have these phone cards in China where you first call the card number and then select the number you want to call and it is charged from your card.

Just checked the prices. Calling into China is even cheaper 0.5 EUR/min from Finland (known as an expensive country). Calling out from China is propably not more expensive but will empty yuans on your phone card in minute or two.

Comment

Thanks for your valuable information Deemu.

Comment

First, go to the US Embassy Beijing website (google it); there is a section where you can register yourself into their records, to let them know that you are in China, and when you expect to leave. Oh hell, here it is : http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/us...n/regform.html

Second, email me and I'll give you the phone numbers to Decheng's school, so that you can give it to your friends.

Third, if you have an "unlocked" cell phone, you can buy a sim card in China very cheaply. Then you can have a China cell phone number, which your friends can call. I use a Sony Ericsson P910I, both in Asia, and also in America now. I'm tired of these ATT locked phones. Besides, Mr Memory here needs a phone that reminds him of what he needs to do every day.

Fourth, I'll give you cell phone numbers of some close friends of mine in the Dengfeng and Beijing area. They will be available for any problem that you might have.

Fifth, oh, I forget fifth.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

Doc,

I dont know what i'd do without you! Thanks so much for all your help and advice. Much obliged!!

Comment

Working...
            X