Shaolin monk arrives in Minnesota!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin monk arrives in Minnesota!

Great news for martial arts fans in Minnesota: Shi Yan Gao is a 34th generation monk and disciple of Shi Yong Xin. He's just recently arrived in Minnesota and is starting gongfu classes in September.

You can get some more info. on the schedule and class prices at www.shaolinmn.com although it's still under construction so bear with me!

Anyway just thought I'd spread some good news. Thanks to everyone here for all the info. Keep up the great work!

Dude. Minnesota? LOL. Well, that's pretty cool. Good luck.
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

sounds cool. good luck.

btw, there's a little Canada in Minnesota?
      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

I always tought it was the other way around, like Canada was Little America, or America Jr., if it suits your liking.

Comment

Was he a deciple of anyone else before Yong Xin?
          practice wu de

Comment

Good luck with the new venture.

You might want to "read" the site and learn some things.... Or maybe I need to write some more, so that this site continues to be an "educational experience", LOL.

Oh, and by the way, all of the new "monks" are Yongxin's disciples. Anyone that is a generation after him, is his disciple. In fact, some of the older guys, of generations before Yongxin, in order to remain, well, forget that, became Yongxin's disciples.

Kind of reminds me of Hitler and the German army in 1934....
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

We'll wait until he sends any monks to invade Poland before we strike. We can also forfeit France, they seem to like that.

Comment

Do I detect skepticism? To be understood I guess.

Shi Yong Xin is Shi Yan Gao's Chan master, not his gong fu master. And yeah, a lot of monks became YX's disciples after he became abbot which does render it a bit meaningless. Shi Yan Gao says his gong fu master's name was Hao Shi Zhai. Ring any bells? You're kidding me.

How many of you guys speak Chinese?

Comment

just keep him away from Daunte Culpepper. that guy's scary enough as it is. and we here in philly would like to go back to the superbowl without having to deal with a shaolin-monk-trained quarterback.

sorry to bring up football, that's all i can think of when i think "minnesota". oh, you've got the twins, too. and a bunch of weird-ass christmas traditions.

Comment

I understand Cantonese, which is better than me speaking it, and I can't write it. I can basically write 1/3 of my name.

Comment

I do it all when it comes to Mandarin, like Mike, you know?. A real wiz I tell ya, but, well, what's this have to do with the anything?

I always tought it was the other way around
                      lei, in another thread you were recently saying how you make "funnies," which I really found mildly appalling, and now, in a thread about a new school, you attempt to bring us down to an even lower level. I'm sorry, I just refuse to speak like Bugs Bunny with you.

Awaiting windy typhoon dreams,

g
                      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

hey........................
                        Attached Files
                        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

...the hell...?

-edit-

Onesp1ng, I went home and I thought about it. You know what, I sat down, and I just thought. After two days, I finally got up and said, "I have a cramp." Then I came on here to post that I really appreciate your opinion, but I honestly hate people who withhold their Bugs Bunny stylings from me. I then concluded that I am going to hunt you down and spray-paint Yosemite Sam all over your car, in sheer disgust. Then I got mad and threw my telephone against the wall. While it was shattering, my eyes opened and I saw that the world is truly more beautiful than just Bugs Bunny and shattered phone-plastic. Thank you, Onesp1ng, thank you!
                          Last edited by LeiYunFat; 08-31-2005, 03:10 AM.

Comment

can o' worms

Could anyone point me to a forum post that might help me understand the comparisons between YX and Adolf Hitler? Shi Yan Gao explained that after YX's bulldozing spasm, irate townspeople posted a lot of flyers spreading rumors about YX, but that's all they were.

re: Minnesota - yeah, I'm not from here either. In fact it took me two years of living here before I even realized it's the butt of most people's jokes. Weird-ass Christmas traditions?

I was just curious about the Chinese language thing. Nothing else.

Comment

Shi Yan Gao explained that after YX's bulldozing spasm, irate townspeople posted a lot of flyers spreading rumors about YX, but that's all they were.
                              Well, that's exactly what you'd expect to hear. Remember, we're dealing with China. And Chinese. It was more than that.

Actually, russbo.com gained some fame during the time YX was playing with his Tonka toys. It got me into all sorts of trouble, but, it actually stopped the destruction for a while, and when it restarted, it did so in a more amicable fashion for the local people. You can read about it on the site itself, in the Site Content / Shaolin / Fugue / Destruction part.

Also, if you do a search for "destruction" in the forum proper, you might find some other posts that are related. Also, look in the ARCHIVE, via the button above. I think we were using that forum during that time.

I had predicted the destruction on the web site here, six months before it had happened. The sequelae to my exclusive posting of this Destruction stuff on the web, as it was occurring, was far reaching; going as far as the United Nations, and the upper levels of Chinese government.
                              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                              russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X