Injuries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injuries

How they deal with injuries at chinese schools? If you broke your ankle or something and cant really do the things then what?

Well, if you're a foreigner, you go home. There isn't anything else to do in Dengfeng.

There are hospitals in Dengfeng, to take care of unexpected accidents. Though, personally, having had some experience with them (which I really need to write about one day), they're not the kind of hospitals that I'd like to find myself in.

Domestic Chinese who find themselves with broken bones and whatnot, either go home to their (usually) peasant famillies, or, just stay at the school and wait until they heal. It all depends upon their family and financial background. Remember, many of these kids don't really have other options in life, so leaving these schools is, in their and their families minds, not the best for their future.

As these schools tend not to have other educational programs of significance, there really isn't much else for these kids to do with their time, but try to train, or, just wait it out.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

common

if this kind of unexpected thing happen,go to hospital
      if it hurts seriously ,you'd better go to your hometown for some insurance.

Comment

I echo Doc, only emphasis that once it is understood that an injury is going to take a long time to recover from, the kids at the schools usually go home. The reason for this is that recovery in China is all to do with food... the schools are feeding people to train gongfu, not to recooperate. They are also in the business of training people, not nursing them back to health (which is the work of families in China). Clearly then to try to treat an injured child in the wrong conditions is negligent, the schools seem to realise this and are very forcefull that the kids go back home. Its the same everywhere, usually, when you are crook, nothing will make you recover quicker than you're own mum's mothering.

Having said this, if you do damage something that's gonna need medical intervention, the cost of getting treatment in China is like a 10th of the cost in Europe, probably even lower in comparison to the US and some other countries. I have friends that come to China to get their teeth treated, glasses made up, etc. Yes, they are getting this done in Guangzhou and not in Henan, but if you are uninsured and willing to take the risks, then you can certainly save a buck or two.

Chicken

Comment

if you have foreign insurance,it will be ok.
          the best way is to go home.

Comment

If You are engaged in trainings, I advise to You independently to study medicine bases. This the best, that You can make.

Comment

well,you'd better be careful during the training,or you will be in trouble

Comment

Originally posted by doc View Post
                There are hospitals in Dengfeng
                or as a friend of mine renamed them; "deathspitals"

walking down the street in dengfeng i saw a security guard with his uniform ripped up and nasty gashes on his face, bleeding everywhere. he was on his way to the little police stand on the corner. look like he got a real beat down.

wonder how he's doing.

Comment

Working...
                X