Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah suppose i should of done an intro

hi,
    I studied lau gar kung fu for 3 years from 14 - 17 and then taekwondo from 19 - 21. Im currently 21, 22 in october. I've just started thai boxing but i'd love to do shaolin one day. Being in the uk and not living in london makes it difficult to train however.... I've asked questions about WKK before because of this predicament; basically condensed courses would be ideal...

I am slightly worried about the health risks associated with muay thai. I understand qi gong could help with that. Do any of you guys know any good qi gong sources in the leicester area or any good books i could learn from? I have a couple of WKKs but he reminds the reader not to practice without an instructor to guide you.

I understand some of you are qigong sceptics but i wonder how you avoid practicing qigong when i understood it was an integral part of learning kung fu.

Thanks for any help
    help me, i'm confused

Welcome to the gang. We tend to have a bit of fun around here. OK, sometimes... LOL

What kind of health risks are you worried about with Muay Thai?

The only health risks I'm finding, training in Muay Thai here in Thailand, are venereal diseases....

doc
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

lol, yeah thats not something i have to worry about too much..... My main concern was injuries from full contact sparring; brain damage, joint problems and shin cancer?! I'm not overly bothered about it but i've been on a kickboxing message board and all the old guys moan about how ****ed up their bodies are! Thanks for any help...
      help me, i'm confused

Comment

Yes, brain and joint injuries are something that you don't want to start getting involved in. Full contact sparring, in my mind, only accomplishes larger than normal egos. I've got a diatribe I've got to do on knee injury, it's on the list. As for tibial cancer from shin training or sparring, I don't think it's a risk factor. Bone cancers tend to be genetic in origin, rarely from trauma.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

Working...
        X