monksgiving this year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• monksgiving this year?

I was wondering if you were planning on having a monksgiving this year?

I've been out of the loop for too long now.

I've been getting ready for medical school.

-Justin (the Justin that you ran into in china in the summer of 2003, and who went to your place in brian head Utah in 2004 with Xing wei and decheng)

Congratulations on your new upcoming medical career; I do hope that you find it enjoyable and successful, with a much happier ending than mine.

I've been kind of out of the loop here for a bit too, having been delayed in Thailand for three monhts waiting for my girlfriend's visa to come through. I guess three months is not too long, considering it took me almost three years to get Xingwei's visa.

As for the annual monksgiving, good question. As you may or may not know, I started the annual monksgiving, and merry monkmas, events, a few years ago. They were annual events, held at my house, totally subsidized by myself, and contributed to work wise by a few of the russbo gang, including Steve (who also cooked), Tonya (who cleaned), Rick, Kevin, and a few others. Without them, it would have never been as successful as they have been. The events were open to all of our students, all the US and other monks and their students, and other friends, including people that I've never personally met before, from this web site. We typically got upwards of a hundred people at each event, including monks from China and various parts of the US. They truly were great fun.

They were also a bit expensive. It was not uncommon for me to spend upwards of a thousand dollars for food and other preparations. It was also not uncommon for me to spend another few thousand on travel expenses for various monks, as I did, personally, help subsidize the travel of quite a few of these guys over the years. Remember, most of them were struggling financially in their schools, and I wanted to make sure that they had the opportunity to get together with Decheng and Xingwei. Ironically, I spent the most money on Xingwei's friends, so that he could get together with them, at least, once a year. I did this gladly, as I thought that it was all for a good cause. A truly worthwhile thing, for the people to get to mingle with various monks from all over.

These were "different" events, as not only did we have people from all walks of life coming to visit, but, I also had many people crashing at the russbo command center here. Quite a few people spent the weekend in and on my bunkbeds, couches, and floors for the weekend. The events were not only dinner parties, but they were sleepovers as well. Sleepovers, that included people that we've had from the russbo web site. People that we've never met before. Imagine.

Things change, as they always do. I come back to Vegas to find our school decimated by recent events. Our student base has diminished by almost ninety percent as I speak now. Xingwei, when he decided to enter into this marriage with what he calls his "girlfriend" (he's made it perfectly clear to mutual close friends in China, as I have been told, that he has little feelings for this girl, as he cannot really communicate with her; it is obvious to those friends, as they have told me, that this marriage of his was his way of getting his green card), also allegedly did quite a few other "bad" things. Over the few months after this "marriage", I'm told by many reliable sources that he defamed me, and the staff of the school, before he left; defamatory remarks which caused about sixty percent of our students to just leave. At this time, with over ninety percent of our original students gone, I'm finding out that I've been portrayed as "the bad guy". Reports of Kevin and I "abusing him", "not taking care of him", etc, etc, abound. It is truly amazing, how many people believe his sob stories and his self-serving bullshit.

It's incredible. Considering the fact that I spent three years of my life dealing with incredible immigration nonsense to get his visa, and, also, considering that he was on a significant salary for a 22 hour work week which included health insurance and other amenities, living in a multi-million dollar house, bascially on his own, with, I might add, me to support him in case of any unexpected emergency, I find his false remarks about me, and his behavior, overwhelmingly eggregious. I'm also astonished that he has made similar remarks about Kevin, who has devoted the past three years of his life to making this school, and Xingwei's future, successful here in Vegas. You see, Kevin has been completely managing and the running the school for the past three years. He's been available to Xingwei, to help him with whatever needs he had, including transportation and the like, during that entire time. He's spent an incredible amount of time and effort trying to make it all work, so that Xingwei could have a good life here.

And he did it with NO financial compensation from the company whatsoever. Nothing. Imagine, spending all of your free time, over the past three years, to help someone succeed in a new life in America. And not get anything from it.

Except, now, grief. Betrayal is such a hard feeling to deal with.

Timing is everything, and what made this whole thing so much the more grievous, is that Xingwei waited to pull this stunt until the school finally became financially viable. It was not until this past April and May that we had enough students to make the whole enterprixe "break even". But, part of that is Kevin's and my fault; we tried to make this education available to as many people that desired it, so we kept our prices down, down to less than half of what other martial arts schools in Vegas were charging. The decision cost me a huge amount of money, and, as we've now discovered, virtually no student loyalty.

So, I'm back, to a destroyed school, and a tarnished, if not ruined, personal reputation in this so called Shaolin community. A reputation destroyed not only in the eyes of the students who have benefitted greatly from my largesse over the years, but, no doubt, in the eyes of monks all over the US, who have maintained friendly relations with Xingwei over the past two and a half years. Students, who now flock to support this individual, with blind undying devotion and financial support. In all the years I've been working on the school and its associated visas, I've never even gotten a thank you, with the exception of Shi De Cheng.

So. A monksgiving this year?

Good question.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

How's about an "eff that"? The only Thanksgiving you should have is one with the people that have stuck it out with you.
      Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Wow, I had no idea.

I met Xingwei in deng feng around the time you were working so hard on getting his visa. I know how much hard work you put into it (at least durning that end stage). At the time he was somewhat estranged from Decheng, but you seemed to help mend that relationship.

I don't see how he could pull this kind of crap on you

Comment

Doc, perhaps my suggestion (question) is out of line or even a bit stupid, but that's Ok cause sometimes I'm a bit out of line and my suggestions are perhaps stupid. So why don't you contact this fool as your now back in his swimming pool? I know it won't really help things, but if I were you I think I'd want to talk to him face to face...

g
          ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Face to face? I met SXW, he's shorter then me. And what is doc, like 8 feet tall? Ain't no way that's gonna happen.
            Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Well, glad you decided to write some about this Doc.
              practice wu de

Comment

There really isn't anything to talk about. He's hurt many people, including some of our ex students, who have developed a terribly "anti-Shaolin" attitude because of his behavior. I personally have nothing to say to him, even though, he really wants to talk to me. Not sure why, but, he timed his recent trip to China to coincide with the trip that I was going to take.

Besides, with all the lies and bullshit that we've been dealing with over the past, what, eight, nine months now with him, what can you possibly believe anymore?

I'm a firm believer of honesty. I really am. I guess it's the New York in me. If I don't like someone, I'll telll them. True, it makes me appear to be like the typical obnoxious New Yorker, but, **** it, at least people know where I stand, and what I'm thinking. I absolutely hate dealing with people who try to tell you one thing and then do another. And believe me, I've been dealing with this "two face, smoke and mirrors" shit with Xingwei for a long time. I've tried to get him to change his ways, and help him, well, grow up, as we all have. But, as is Shi De Cheng, I'm just frazzled with this guy, and I can't deal with it no more. I've basically given this guy everything that I could over the years, once chance after another, and he shit on me.

What more is there to talk about?
                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

well he is just a kid after all, we all make mistakes, you live and you learn. why not hear him out for the sake of goodwill? or not.
                  "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

You have my support Doc.
                    Hector Villarruel
                    Guadalajara, Jalisco
                    Mexico

Comment

well, if anything, "two face, smoke and mirrors" tells me a lot. I've had a few experiences of this kind, and....your right, I found distance was unequivocally the best medicine, or rather they may just suck you dry. I guess if you find yourself asking simple, direct questions to someone, and get back scrambled nonsense or crap you know to be false, then there's really nowhere to turn, of course being that they're unwilling to talk about it.

thanks for the insight, doc...

Now is anyone up for another scientology debate? Currently we can all get a free personaly test: "A test of this kind would normally cost you $500.00 and up. It is offered to you here free of charge as a public service." How sweet! Really.

ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Well, I'm up for it, but let's put it in a thread where it belongs.

I tried to take the test, and got this:
                        When you complete your test, it will be automatically scored and a graph will be shown to you. You will also be alerted by e-mail or through an invitation at your mailing address as to the location, date and time for your test evaluation. The final test results are only given to you IN FULL by a trained test evaluator at one of our centers.
                        So much for that. Guess I won't find out why I'm not happy with life.

Well, glad you decided to write some about this Doc.
                        Oh, and SS, I have really written very little concerning this XW issue. There is a lot more, though I'm trying to put it together into a format whereby people would find it educational. It has been quite the experience, both positive and negative.

And it continues to be so....

russbo.com

Comment

so you can take our $500 test for free, but you only get to find out what it means by visiting our cult in person. some public service. i was all excited to do it, too, until doc mentioned that part.

Comment

you have my support to.. that is wrong what he did to you and all your friends

Comment

well you know where we stand.
                              "Arhat, I am your father..."
                              -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Working...
                              X