Run like a ninja?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Run like a ninja?

Hi, i just registered after reading through some of these forums they're great you guys know a lot..

i've got a question which is part curiosity part amusement and id appreciate some feedback, for the past week i've been wondering if running like a ninja is faster and why would it be faster, pros/cons whatever. If you've seen Naruto or other anime ninja often run with their arms behind them flowing backwards (limp). I've thought that this could be because it's easier to animate and that's possibly the reason. That's it thanks

Uhhh...right....

Well I don't think I know the answer to your question, but if you want to experiment with different ways of running, then put yourself on the clock while you sprint normal people style and again ninja style. You might want to throw in some curves and turns to gauge the uses of doing them.
    Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

thats not a bad idea i'll try that
      reffering to it as ninja running sounds so so stupid.. : \

like i said it was curiosity and amusement that motivated me to actually post that
      thanks for the reply

Comment

this thread is the result of an overdose of hard drugs.
        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Real ninjas like totally flip out and kill people if you just look at them funny never mind try to run like one..

Ninjas have real ultimate power

Comment

Yeah totally. If they catch you trying to run like them, consider yourself a chick cause they are gonna cut your balls off, IF THEY'RE FEELING NICE.

And don't let them catch you popping like 16 boners at their super hot girlfriends cause that's an excuse to get flipped out on and killed.

Comment

To run like a ninja: once in position flap your arms as fast as possible and you will fly, as according to the ninja power!
              The East? The West?

Men and Women, that's all...

Comment

another strategy would be to open an EXTRA tall window, run....and jump out. because similar to running, flying like a ninja is also faster than regular flying. after an 8 ball of crank, that is..

g
                ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Gotta love them hard drugs.

But seriously, while I think they do it in the animes just to look cool, it would make sense to hold your arms stationary in some way while running with a big pointy sword. They run the same way in old samurai movies, presumably for that reason.

Comment

Let's not forget that Japanese people suck at running. Their island is so crowded, they never properly learn how to run. Once I was watching a video on seismic activity, when there was a little segment on Japan. They were showing us a drill of an emergency in Japan, and all the respone teams were running around like robots. They were hella slow, too. I was like, "If that's how they respond to an emergency earthquake, then the whole damn island might as well be sunk in the sea."

And I stick by it.

Comment

you know.... My sister in law is japanese, and I've noticed she runs like she can't bend her knees.

you might be onto something, LYF.
                      Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

Originally posted by zachsan
                        Gotta love them hard drugs.

it would make sense to hold your arms stationary in some way while running with a big pointy sword.
                        i think you're onto something there but i don't really care to add anything else cause i've been flamed enough for trolling these forums with 1 single post

I've got a different question that is more relevant.

I'm blocked - i wanna start practicing a martial art ( did karate for 2 years ) and i've been living a sedentary lifestyle for the past 3-4 years - im 6 foot roughly 195lbs and i'm not sure what i should try. i've started training at home - mostly working on flexibility and aerobic health (smoker) - i'm looking for something practical in the sense that i'll feel confident about being able to whoop ass if i catch someone "popping like 16 boners at my super hot girlfriend" and don't tell me go learn ninpo hehe

-Shaolin
                        -Aikido
                        -Tai chi
                        -Wing chun

are all very interesting but i don't what would be good for me. any advice is appreciated. I'm looking for overall better health and some techniques i can use outside the dojo without ending up in the hospital for trying to use them to defend myself in a street fight.

Comment

what schools are in your area? Those are all very different styles. Which ones interest you and why? Start by reading up on those arts, see what you like about each one. If you want to get more fit, how about quitting smoking and start walking every day, maybe lift some weights, do some bodyweight excercises at home to start.

Buy a gun if you want to win street fights. Train MA because it's in your heart.
                          Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

Hey bloko glad to hear you are finally moving off of the couch and putting the cancer sticks down. I have trained alot of places in metro-detroit area and all of those styles you listed above are excellent places to start. Personally, I would go with Shaolin if you have a decent teacher in your area. If you want straight up no BS kungfu skills Wing Chun would be an excellent choice as long as the teacher is legit. If you are looking for a peaceful and centering exercise that can transform you from the inside out Tai Chi is what you want. If you want a more peaceful approach to fighting that invovles "non-violent" take downs and submissions, try aikido. If you can't get a good shaolin school do aikido. Just remember smoking and exercising, together, will increase you risk of getting cancer because of your increase bloodflow and oxygen in your blood will help carry the cancer through your body faster! YEAH!
                            "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

haha okay no gun for me i plan on avoiding being in street fights.
                              I live in montreal (urban area) and i can find anyone of those MA's here.
                              I'm not ready to quit smoking just yet because i want to be in the right state of mind so that when i do quit within the next month and a half ( school should be done ) i'll succeed. i'm walking to school everyday 20-25 minutes (snow today still doing it) and yea martial arts are definetly something i love doing. I'm gonna read up on each of those arts.

thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X