Eat yourself off that plateau

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eat yourself off that plateau

I have been training in chinese martial arts for a little while and the teacher that I have stuck with the longest has always urged "serious" students to begin to control what they eat. I never really gave it much thought until i entered reality after college and began working full time. I can't eat the shit out of the vending mchine. My blood sugar sky rockets then drops leaving me dead. I have read other threads about dieting on here but dieting is a trend and as science progesses some diets die and others are born. So I wanted to see what dieting practices people have found helpful, in regards to their training, recently.
    "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

well, interesting you should bring this up in the new year!! 06 is gonna be a good one for me baby.

see 2 new years resolutions for me 1. stop smokeing newports(craveing them like a bastard right now havent gone a day without a pack since new years)

and 2. stop eating shit.

now, the reason i personally want to stop eating shitty food is because i feel that if i eat better ill become stronger, my muscles will recover faster and overall in maybe a couple months ill be completely ripped. atm im in excellent condition abs, no flab, decent size everything(cept biceps i have no use for them but thinking about getting something just cause..)

anyway, enough about me..about the diet stuff. its hard, i dunno what to eat really lolo. i mean, in the past all i ate was fast food, pizza, cookies and all kinds of fruit snacks and candy, greasy chinese food, lots of soda and beer everything u would think is bad i used to eat heavily(never gained any visible weight)

now, ive been eating alot of "good" food. the only "fast food" ive had is subway here and there, i used to be at wendys and mc donalds and kfc an shit all the time, now nothin.

good foods i like..well limme think. noodles are good, ive had low carb high protien noodles before and they dont taste that bad, but not that good either but if u really wanna go nuts you can make a whole pot of them through on some sauce and have a ball

also , chinese noodles are good, i eat alot of these "hot and spicy" korean noodles, alot of wonton soup because its good and cheap, like 2.40 for a quart.

rice is always the shit, i love rice, i dont favor soy sauce most of the time, i do like it but usually ill just eat rice straight up, i like to eat it with scrambled egg though thats real good.

umm, i dunno what else, i eat steaks..pork(mostly roasts in my set it and forget it) almost always gotta have rice with that kinda stuff, umm, i like sandwhiches and pickles, veggie grinders are straight but i like meat..

chicken is good, all different ways ill eat it, cept for fried now i dont want all that grease and shit in my veins!! even though i had fried chicken on sunday....

yknow, and fish also i forgot, i eat alot of seafood, fish is good, lobster, crab, shrimp all that shit.

umm, deer is good to, i eat deer meat alot, venicen or somethin i cant spell it, thats good shit, i like it and its lean and the deer are in better shape then the cows so..yknow u cant go wrong

dunno much else cant think..hope this helped a lil bit
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

This place is pretty good for nutrition and dieting advice; www.fitness.com/forum

Basically, don't eat fried foods or sweets.

Myself, I have a pretty healthy diet, nice and well-balanced, thanks to my mom...
      Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Other than the regular liver damage I've done recently, my diet has been getting better. Doc has some good posts around here, probably some in the old forum too. The one piece of advice I subscribe to is the glass of water before eating a meal.
        practice wu de

Comment

Well, whiskey and red meat are good for the soul. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. And if your soul is strong enough, you can knock someone out from 5 feet away with a Qi punch. I seen it.

Comment

If you are training hard you could eat all toping pizza everyday and lose weight. If you train at least 3 times a week for 2 hours and your not losing wieght you need to question how hard your actually training. I shed 25 pounds in the last 4 months. I eat whatever I want. When I'm hungry I eat. Simple.

Comment

thats how ive been my whole life, eat whatever i want, no weight has really ever been put on, so screw it. but in the end it doesnt matter how much u work out, if u eat alot of shitty food it will clog up your arteries and it is bad for you.

like me i may not look unhealthy, infact most would think i go to the gym or something often, but in reality if they could look inside me they would probably see blackened lungs from smoking numerous blunts everyday for a little over 3 years, not to mention a pack a day for i dunno almost 2 years now.

and then the arteries dont start showing signs of cloging up or whatever till u get older and your body naturally gets weaker, but if theres nothing there to clog the arteries in the first place your all good. so thats a good reason to "eat right"

not really all about looks, personally i doubt i have 10-20 pounds of fat to even loose..

Comment

Well, a huge part of it is genetics. Mortal can eat whatever he wants, as long as he's training hard, and still be fit. Some people can eat right and exercise all the time and will still be fat, nothing they can do about it. I can drink whiskey and eat red meat, never exercise, and look somewhere in between, but knock you out with a Qi punch from 5 feet away. Genetics.

Comment

I agree about genetics. Believe me when i tell you I don't have great genetics. If I sit around(because i'm injured) I gain weight just like anyone else who isn't genetically superior.

Comment

sounds like im genetically superior then. lolo zing

Comment

maestro I can't wait for you to get cancer. mmm Newports does a tumor good!

So none of you really have a strict diet that you follow. Well that worked for me up until a point. I have great flexibility but it can always be better (someday middle splits). My strength is above average but could be better. My endurance is what is lacking. I noticed that if I didn't eat "ice cream and pizza" all day it had a significant effect on me. That might be the genetics side of it though. So how often (and be honest with yourselves) do you train and for how long? do you eat right before and then right after?
                      "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

it depends mostly on what your goals are, if you want to lose weight, then you'll need to eat more protein and calories

if you wanna keep up your energy, then pasta is the way to go

you should evaluate what you wanna acomplish and take it from there

Comment

Train harder=burn more

Train laxadasical=wasted time.

Some people are their own best audience.

Comment

i eat most every chance i can get, usually very hungry..

before training i might eat, after a good 3-4 hour session i will most like eat and drink alot, then usually train more then after that eat more

Comment

Originally posted by tetsumaru
                              My endurance is what is lacking. I noticed that if I didn't eat "ice cream and pizza" all day it had a significant effect on me.
                              It's probably withdrawl symptoms.

I eat basically whatever I feel like, but I stay concious of what it is. Gotta keep the healthy choices going steady.

Healthy for me being moderation.
                              Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Working...
                              X