Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Festival and Deng Feng

Hello People

Firstly, this is my first post so I'd like to thank Doc for creatig this great resource for us to use and abuse.
    I've spent many hours reading on his exploits in shaolin to much amusement.

Is there anyone going to the festival this year? I heard it has been postponed by 2-3 weeks to allow for the 'relocation' of the reminants of the villiage and remaining schools.

Has anyone here trained at Master Yang Li Quan's school in Deng Feng? I learned that he's one of the Top 10 Masters recognized by the government. Any reviews or comments? I've seen an interview with him on one of the Shaolin documentaries and would like to learn more about him before possibly going to his school.

Another thing. What's the situation with Shi De Yang? Is he still around Shaolin or touring in Europe or what? Does he also have a private school?

Thanks
    WushuSpear

As far as I could tell from some websites the festival was actually going to be in Zhengzhou this year. I hope it's still around the same time cause that's when I was going, I've actually arranged my wedding/honeymoon around it. Although SARS is definently messing with my plans too. Any further info on this would be helpful to me too.

Cheers

Ross

Comment

The SARS thing should burn itself out within the next few months. This virus is very easily transmitable, and spreads very quickly, but, like flu viruses that tend to do this, the epidemic also tends to burn out quickly, as more people get exposed to it and develop immunity. You should be OK by September. At least, one would think.

AS for the festival, I don't know. I also don't know if its a worthwhile thing to go to. If I were honeymooning, I'd spend more time in Yunnan province than in Zengzhou.

doc
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

Working...
      X