knee pain/urge to shit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knee pain/urge to shit

Ok, can someone please explain this to me. I've had knee pain for a year now but sometimes it's more or less painful. Sometimes I don't even feel it. But there's a time I always feel it even if it seems I'm recovering from my injury and that this chronic pain will be gone soon. This time is when comes the urge to shit. What's the link between my left knee and my ass?? what does it have to do together? I really don't get it and it doesn't seem a common health problem..

Any tips would be helpful! I really don' understand or don't know what to do to get rid of this..

Thanks
    =========
    Peace out!

Well, it's far more common than you think.

The left knee is attached to the ass, in an indirect way, and, I must admit, during my rather extensive medical career, I have seen many an instance where knee pain triggered the urge to defecate.

Really.

In fact, knee pain is not the only thing that will get the old chute moving. Eating a large meal, though not a direct cause of knee pain, will trigger the urge to squeeze a loaf. Driving the porcelain bus, after eating a large meal, is a common cause of knee pain.

Wow. You see, they are connected.

You might want to consider "not defecating" for a while. Give that knee a rest.

It will get better. Really. Trust me.

I am a doctor. Licensed. Bona Fide. And, I might add, concerned about your health.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Well i'm really glad to hear it's more common than I thought. And that there's a real link between knee and ass.

"You might want to consider "not defecating" for a while."
      You see I'd love to, but humans do not have much control on this function of their body... How do you want me to do that? Don't you have another suggestion?
      =========
      Peace out!

Comment

Your age is listed as 102.

You shouldn't have any problems "not defecating for a while", lol.

Look, there really isn't any connection between the left knee and the ass, other than the thigh. But, you raise an interesting concept.
        The concept of referred pain.

Well, when you get the urge to defecate, the colon is moving, and might have some distention to it. Whenever you get distention of a hollow organ, such as the colon, you get a senstation of discomfort. But, that sensation usually "refers" to a certain area of the body. Colonic distention will make you feel uncomfortable in the lower abdomen, small intestinal distention will give you upper to mid abdominal pain (generally). Distention in the gall bladder tends to give you pain in the right upper quadrant/ upper areas of the abdomen. Appendicieal distention, initially in the central abdominal area. On and on and on. It has to do with how the nervous system is wired.

But, I'm really not aware of how distention in the abdomen can "refer" symptoms to the extremities. That would be a stretch. I'm sure, that in Chinese medicine, you'll find "relationships" between certain internal organs, and the extremities, with respect to meridian lines, but, to this day, there is no anatomical or physiological basis in fact to support those connections.

Sometimes these associations have nothing to do with what you may be thinking, and have some other round about connection. Sitting on a toilet, because of the height of some of these thrones, can bring about some serious stress on an injured knee, both in lowering oneself to them, and raising oneself off of them. The act of using a toilet might trigger pain in a knee that already has a menisceal injury; the thought of having to use such toilet, might trigger memories of such pain, with the suggestion of having said pain before even using the toilet. I'm stretching it here, but, if this is a serious concern, I'm trying to make some sort of connection for you. When I sit in my chair now, to work on the site, or email, or what have you, I know that once I start to even think about sitting up to get out of this thing, my back is going to start reminding me, even before I move. I hurt my back lifting weights the other day, and certain movements trigger a not so happy back spasm. Association is a powerful thing.

Also, you may just notice the knee pain more, after thinking about the abdominal discomfort. The knee pain may be present, but the colonic distention, which is a serious trigger towards bringing attention to your bodily functions, might attract your own attention more inward.

The important thing here, is not to wonder how one thing might be attached to the other. The important thing here is to get help for you knee. Get it evaluated, and get it better. Wondering about when you're going to take a dump is sometimes more than enough for some of us to handle in a day.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

I usually associate toilet with relief not with any discomfort hehe. And my toilet seat isn't too high.

I've had an evaluation of my knee. The diagnostic is Patello Femoral Syndrome. I must strengthen my thigh muscles. That's what I'm doing also. I really don't understand the ass thing.

Maybe should I be checked by a TCM doctor, I've been in acupuncture for a back injury, maybe I could return there to check my knee. But when I went there last time, I had my knee injury already (not the pain with the urge of defecating though) so I asked if she (the acupunctor was a woman) could do something for my knee. She said, because of where the pain is felt, she cannot do much, she can't place her needles in bone structures... she could have done something if it was under my knee though.
          =========
          Peace out!

Comment

I don't understand the ass thing attached to the leg thing either. There really should be no reason why they coincide, other than the fact that you experience them simultaneously.

As for your knee, these types of injuries are quite common, and are usually attributed to patella chondromalacia (an injury to the cushioning cartilage behind the knee bone), stretching of the various ligaments and tendons that traverse the knee joint, and, injuries to the cartilage and meniscus in the knee joint proper. It's kind of a "catch all" term.

But, basically, unless you really have a surgically necessary treatment, the best thing to do is rest the area, and strengthen the surrounding muscles over time. This gives support to the knee joint proper, helps stabilize it, and helps prevent further injuries.

As for your ass, I have no idea how old you really are, but pain in the ass can be attributed to various things, such as hemorrhoids, fissures, tumors, cancer, and idiot Chinese citizens that you spent way too much of your life taking care of.

Get it evaluated. And not by an acupuncturist. Besides, who in their right minds would want someone putting needles up there.

russbo.com

Comment

No no you got me wrong, I don't have any pain in the ass! My ass is alright probably just like yours hehe, anyone needs to defecate once in a while, and when this time comes for me, my knee becomes painful until I go to the toilet. So the soonest I get to the toilet, the less pain I'll feel.

Well if you've never heard of this kind of thing... I'm probably pretty weak...

" Besides, who in their right minds would want someone putting needles up there."
              LOL, true !!!
              =========
              Peace out!

Comment

I sincerely believe that taiji quan is the best, or, at least one of the strongest methods for strengthening the knee. I used to have all sorts of problems with mine; now they may be the strongest part of my body. Sure, it may take some time, but after a year or two of regular taiji training that emphasizes the practice of jin down to the tendons "勁可以練到筋脈," I'd be surprised to see if a reasonably healthy person remained without many positive results.
                ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

I train in Yang Shi taijiquan and yeah I say it could help a lot, just like Qi Gong. But I haven't noticed any great changes by doing my taiji. And most of the time it just made it more painful. I probably don't have the perfect leg movements but still I'm not doing any major mistake, only little improvements should be made I guess. And to make it perfect will take decades I guess. So I can't really rely on taiji to help my knee. If found better improvements by doing strength training like squats ang lunges. Anyway, my knee is healing already. I'm just wondering why my damn ass has anything to do with my knee pain. Hope once my knee will be healed completely, I won't have this other problem either.

But thanks for the suggestion, maybe by putting more time on taiji training I'll find some results...
                  =========
                  Peace out!

Comment

Well, I know very very little about Tai Ji, almost as much as I understand about the female half of the species, but, I'll say this.

Regardless of the exercise, tai ji or otherwise, when it comes to dealing with an injured knee, you have to be careful of any maneuver that firmly plants the foot, and results in the upper body twising or moving around. That is, any maneuver that will cause a rotational force on the knee really needs to be avoided until the knee is strengthened adequately, AND, even then, care should be taken using such forces to not re-injure the knee. Tai Ji is awesome, don't get me wrong. It will no doubt strengthen the legs and help prevent re-injury. Just be careful what you do during the healing phase.

Remember, regardless of what exercise you do. Rotational forces are not the nicest thing for the body. Unless she's cute, willing, in a basket, oh, forget that..

russbo.com

Comment

Lol!

Well yeah I've experienced myself that the rotational movements of taiji are deadly for my knees. That's why I must change a bit the way it should be done.
                      Thanks for the advise and "explanation".
                      =========
                      Peace out!

Comment

Working...
                      X