Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• title Moderately Heavy Models Lower Self-Esteem

Published: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 16:31:05 GMT

A new study finds seeing extremely thin or moderately heavy models focused women's thoughts on how heavy they felt.
    Read More...

I'd like a moderately heavy model with low self-esteem.
    ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Most western girls are missing the point. You could be stick skinny and have an ugly body. You could be heavy and have a hot body. It is all about muscle.
      American girls for the most part are lazy. So they would rather not do something then do something. Meaning they would rather starve then exercise. Just because they are skinny and can fit into their thin jeans doesn't mean they look good naked. The more muscle you have the more you can eat. For some reason everyone is starving themselves woth low fat diets. its just crazy. I hate the gym too that is why I train kungfu. These chicks need to find an cardio based activity they enjoy. it is great for yuor mind and bod. plus you could eat anything you want.

Comment

As I've alluded to in other threads, I think the main problem is that many women (not to mention more and more men these days) refuse to accept the fact that they will never look like movie stars. Leaving the face alone, not a lot of people have the genes for Angelina Jolie bodies, and no amount of exercise, dieting, or anything will change that. This offends many people's ideas of justice (especially, it seems, women) but that's just the way it is.

On the other hand, holding up a picture of a "moderately heavy" woman in underwear and trying to convince ourselves that she's just as pretty as Angelina Jolie is equally stupid, which is why I can't stand those new Dove "campaign for true beauty" ads. Yes, of course, those women more accurately reflect "real world" women, that's why they shouldn't be models!!

Trying to say that physical attractiveness is only superficial, while at the same time basically trying to make our models less attractive for the sake of self-esteem, is to me the height of feminine incongruency. But I'm sort of sexist, so that might just be me. I say, keep on parading images of sexy but probably unhealthy women in front of us, and leave it to the intelligence of the audience (men and women both) to realize those aren't normal people. Which, fortunately, is basically what happens today.
        Last edited by zachsan; 02-13-2006, 11:30 PM.

Comment

When i was in my teens and ealry 20's looks were of the utmost importance. Now that is the last thing I look at. I am looking for that connection. True i'm not going to hook up with an albino ground sloth looking chick. but average and above is good enouhg for me as long as we click.

Comment

I assume your high school friend is female.

Comment

let me know i can get a gun.........................
              "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

Working...
              X