COST OF MARTIAL ARTS SCHOOLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COST OF MARTIAL ARTS SCHOOLS

I PAY $80 PER MONTH TO THE WING CHUNG SCHOOL I AM CURRENTLY ATTENDING. DOES THIS SEEM TO BE IN THE BALL PARK TO WHAT YOUR CURRENT FEES ARE OR IS THIS EXCESSIVE?

MATUKE

That's either in the ball park, or, not even in the ball park.

Prices in Las Vegas for various martial arts schools run in the hundreds.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

In philly my monthly charge was 75 dollars per month. Yet, this was years ago. I know prices have gone up but I'm not sure how much.

Seems reasonable...but it really depends on the location, the number of classes you can attend per week, and above all...the quality of instruction.
      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

I have been to a few schools here in the mid-west which usually run anyway from $50 (the school was really this guys house witha "dojo" attached) to $85 (wing chun school in a ghetto area of detroit that you had to share with five outher disciplines...but it was worth it...) My current teacher just asks that we pay him $10 every class we come to but even then he understands that some people might be strapped for cash and can't pay.

Some of the "Shaolin" Schools I have visited have been like $125 a month (which i think has gone up since then!) in NYC and that was for only "Kung-fu" not tai chi or qi gong which cost the same if you wanted to do them as well. Another one I think was like $90 but again he was one of those teacher that screened his students and got to know their families (to weed out the crazies, I guess) and if they weren't finacially well off he would give them a "scholarship" to the school. I like that.

$80 sounds on the average end of average.

Karate schools are sometimes cheaper I've noticed...
        "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

Some of the belt factories here out west, for the kiddies and the adults, can be over 200 a month. Then, add testing fees and other crap on top of that.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

think doc was referring to the money based schools that work off the belt system...and charge like karateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee schools, or else, well, you just can't get any better because you dont have $$$$$ .....
            ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Really depends on what you are getting, but that seems ballpark.
              practice wu de

Comment

My wingchun school is 120 and my wushu school is 130 a month. I just checked out Renzo Gracie school and that is 180 a month. But living in NYC allows much more opportunity to make money. So when comparing costs to other states is like comparing apples to oranges.

Comment

Hey Mortal,

Whats up? Glad to see your still training. What did you think of Renzo's school? He's a great guy. Are you training there at all? Jiu-jitsu training, while it looks gay can be at great supplement and can really open a stand up martial artists eyes. Good luck with your training.

Comment

Working...
                  X