4+ hr daily shaolin training in U.S.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4+ hr daily shaolin training in U.S.

Sorry if this is a question previously answered on the forums/website. I'm having trouble finding an answer, either getting a 404 error message or nothing at all when I click on a few of the navigation buttons when exploring this website. I was wondering if any of the Shaolin Monks in the U.S. offer programs of intensive study (4+ hrs) daily for a week or more at a time. I would love to train in shaolin (currently studying wushu) but just don't have the $$ for plane tickets to China. (And my work may not allow me to travel to China..I work for the U.S. government.) Anything like that available in the U.S.? Thank you for any help, and again I apologize if this is answered somewhere, I just can't find it.

yaah... there're are a quite a few school monks about teaching in usa... Doc 's built a function in one o the pull downs about schools n locations so xcheck that out n if u don't have any luck come back n ask again.. where aaare u livin??

Comment

Hi,
      I'm in New Mexico. I know there are a number of shaolin monks in the U.S. with schools, but checking out their websites, I couldn't find any long term study programs. That's what I'm most interested in.

Comment

no disrespect(cant believe just said that) to the monks but... itd be cheaper to go to china and train at shaolin then to find a monk who would let u train 4 hours a day with them and not ask for your right arm

anyone who tells u different is full of their own bullshit
        "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

I hate to say this, but Maestro is right.

Guolin used to have a summer camp, not sure if he does anymore. I think Li Peng did at one time also. But, what you'll spend on it, well, you're in America.

As for the 404 errors, out of the 900 or so pages on this website, there are about 5 or 6 that have been removed (the Shaolin Chan Wu Xue Yuan section, when we closed the school; we were going to eventually do a huge summer camp thing, but, no more). The main reason why people are getting the server errors, is that the server gets overloaded from time to time. I get the reports on a daily basis. "Too many connections". I no longer run parts of the site on my personal server at home, as my internet connection became undependable. I now have the site on rented servers, which, though on a much larger internet backbone and therefore faster, are shared webservers, and therefore are limited as to how many people can hit the site at once.

The site gets an extraordinary amount of visitation; few post, many read. Sometimes a few thousand people a day.

If you want to train four or more hours a day, come out to Thailand. We'll get you "beat up" like you've never been before.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
          russbo.com

Comment

lol .u c now 'thaat's' attractive......

What ábout'Lipeng though... isnt he offering around 3 1/2 hrs'5or so /7 ??..... Imo that's the best you're gon do out Yank land..... what's important ??

Comment

Is the Thailand school open again?

From my experience in training at some of the Shaolin "monk" run schools...if you show a lot of dedication and prove that you really can handle 4+ hours a day of training everyday...they will train you.
              "What is barely legal?" - Ali G

Comment

Thanks guys for the inputs. Looks like I'm saving up my money and heading out of the country It will probably take me about 6 months to save up, in the mean time I'll search for a school overseas that I can afford.

Comment

"if" u can handle 4+ hours a day. please, anyone can do 4 + hours. i did 8 hard hours of training in HK while working all day long in 100 degree whether, that included fighting, i was always willing to do more.

if the monks just choose who they like and dislike thats their thing..i could careless anyway, but i doubt very much yan ming would like 200 people or whatever little army of amitabha dick faces training for free or under the norm for 4+ hours daily.

Comment

well DeYang does it..

Comment

maestro, how long did you do that for? It seems this guy is looking to do it long term. A couple weeks or even a month isn't too difficult, but long term is another can of worms,
                      ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

my situation with that was..unique to say the least, details about it are not something i like talking about because of personal reasons.

Comment

Long Term Shaolin Kung FU Study

Wushu24,

Shi Xing Hao accepts long distance students, however, the school does not provide room and board. His school is in Houston Texas. I know at one time SXH discussed the possibility of having room and board but in Texas that would require a lot of needed permits/certificatons with the local Fire Code. In the end is was a very costly estimate.

I do know that SXH offers a different based program than the students who attend daily if your a long distance student. You can contact SXH through the school website or PM me and I can send you his phone number.

Shi Xing Hao Shaolin Kung Fu Academy of Houston
                          http://americanshaolinkungfu.org/3.html

Comment

Hey SM .. Can 'Ú' tell me why just a couple of days ago when checked out XH's website again that in his personal history section it neglects to mention his time under DeQian?/ /.. Do you know?? I tried to mail him on it but so far no reply???. . Not sure if I remember reading his own site but I 've definately read it on Deqians sites and heard from other ppl aswell. Just a confirmation from himself is all I'm really after?
                            Last edited by blooming tianshi lotus; 03-20-2006, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Thanks SongshanMonk - I will look into it. Because i live in New Mexico, that would be easier for me to get there. Pricing however is a big concern of mine, especially if it's cheaper to just travel abroad for training. I'm checking out the website now. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X