The latest on Brian Gray....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The latest on Brian Gray....

Remember Brian Gray, the self described "Father of Iron Palm in America"??? From a while ago? His attempts to defend Shi De Yang, attempts which allegedly worsened De Yang's situation? Oh, go look back into the Forum Archive. It was quite the story.

But this one is better.....

From the Delaware Online News Journal

Kung fu expert held in sex abuse
    Del. teacher faces charges in Md.

By TERRI SANGINITI
    Staff reporter
    04/16/2003

A longtime Delaware martial arts instructor has been charged with sex offenses by Maryland State Police in connection with the molestation of a 13-year-old karate student nearly 20 years ago.

Delaware State Police arrested Brian W. Gray, 51, on fugitive charges April 8 at his Newport Kung Fu studio, 409 Meco Drive.

Gray was extradited Friday to Maryland, where authorities charged him with two counts each of second- and third-degree sex offense, and one count each of child abuse, perverted sex practice and sodomy. He is being held in the Cecil County jail after failing to post $65,000 bail, Maryland State Police Trooper Susan Smith said.

Gray, who has been teaching martial arts for 32 years, has operated several Kung Fu schools in the area over the years, including in Elkton, Bear, Peddlers Village and Newport. Gray now operates only one school, which is in Newport, police said.

Smith said the victim, now is in his early 30s, came forward March 30 with the accusations against Gray dating to 1984. She did not say why the victim waited so long to report the alleged incidents.

The victim, who was a student at the now-closed Shao Lin San Kung Fu School on West Main Street in Elkton, told police Gray allegedly molested him over a four-year period at Gray's Perryville, Md., home.

Gray, who bills himself as the "the father of the Iron Palm in America," was credited in the January issue of Inside Kung-Fu magazine with helping to popularize the iron palm technique, a Chinese kung fu skill involving physical hand strikes coupled with the use of the mind. The magazine called Gray one of the 30 most influential Chinese stylists of the past 30 years.

Smith said the investigation is continuing.

Anyone with information about this case is asked to call Smith at (410)398-8101.

IKF, that much beloved martial arts magazine, considers Gray to be "one of the 30 most influential Chinese stylists of the past 30 years".

I'll say....

Wonder what he did with that iron palm.

LOL,
    doc
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Here's the links to the appropriate discussions in the archive:

Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

confusing...

Doc,
      I was just reading the post about Brian Gray and also the posts about him in the archive. I wonder what is it, that you are such a thorn in some peoples side?
      Doc, what are you doing that people feel defensive about you and your site?
      I couldn't read the original article from this Gray (as the website seems to be closed), so I couldn't see the similarities between the article and the informations on the site here.

It's all a bit confusing for me!

Can you help me out there, and explain a bit what's going on?

Cheye
      Don’t take life too serious, as you won’t get out of it alive anyway.

Comment

Grays site is http://www.shaolinsan.com

im sure from the very first page you can see why doc is such a thorn in those peoples sides

This is also interesting to look at:

dave
        simple and natural is my method,
        true and sincere is my principle --Tse Sigung

Comment

Is Brian Gray wearing a hairpiece in his website picture????

(His picture from the newspaper... Could this be the same guy? Oh, and why am I a thorn?)
          Attached Files

russbo.com

Comment

I couldn't read the original article from this Gray (as the website seems to be closed), so I couldn't see the similarities between the article and the informations on the site here.
            It was taken down shortly after it was put up. I can't remember what was on that page though; I do remember it was a little out of the ordinary.... Wish I kept a copy. In the future, gonna have to remember to just copy these things onto the forum for posterity.

russbo.com

Comment

Oh, and why am I a thorn?

Maybe because you look much better with hairs, than Brian Gray does without !!
              Attached Files

Comment

why are you such a thorn? it may have something to do with your straight forward, no nonesense attitude... then again maybe the fact youre a student of a monk... or any other number of things

dave
                simple and natural is my method,
                true and sincere is my principle --Tse Sigung

Comment

well, I actually met this guy twice...

...and all I can say is he was sort of flaky. I mean the whole hair thing.

Also, I thought he had some major league sack- he had his own set of robes made up, duplicating the buddhist robes but sort of twisted a little bit, done up in black no less, and this other thing too that was a cross between the taoist robes and the buddhist I think, and he wore this in Shaolin. I thought that took some major sack to pull that off...I mean I didn't feel right even looking at him standing there wearing that stuff.

But let's remember even if he's a weirdo or just into that sesame street song "Which One of These Things," he's still a person who's accused right? From 20 years ago too...if he's guilty this will give him lots of opportunity to prove the use of his iron palm skills.

Personally, that phrase is now ruined for me. I'll never be able to say it again the same way.

For the sake of the martial arts world as a whole I hope the whole thing is just a sick charade. Time will tell. I do think the whole martial arts thing in America is ripe for that kind of whacko- big egos, huge power trips, command and obey, the physicality of training, that kind of thing so if more stories start coming out of the woodworks it wouldn't shock me.
                  "Arhat, I am your father..."
                  -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

But let's remember even if he's a weirdo or just into that sesame street song "Which One of These Things," he's still a person who's accused right? From 20 years ago too...if he's guilty this will give him lots of opportunity to prove the use of his iron palm skills.
                    One would think that he'll have more use for iron rectum skills. No Bubba, not tonight. Please, stop calling me Jenny.

But, enough of THAT. Talking of robes, before the site disappears, check this out.

Very impressive. Yongxin doesn't have rags this nice.

(from the shaolinsan.com site)
                    Attached Files

russbo.com

Comment

Wow, I just noticed the hair.

Doc, now that it's blown over, perhaps you could enlighten us on the whole Shi De Yang debacle mentioned in the above links?

Comment

Just did a quick search on 'Brian Grey'. This guy's all over the news. You have no idea many iron anus puns there are out there, rofl...

Comment

yeah...that's what I'm talking about- imagine cruising around Shaolin in a get up like that....I mean the one I remember was a little more subtle, but this borderlines (to me) of dressing up like a priest on halloween...it just sort of isn't right. I mean, this guy's not ordained in any buddhist tradition is he? They're messing with stuff that's better left alone. The gong fu is not enough of a connection in my mind to justify these threads.

It's pretty cheeky if you ask me.
                          "Arhat, I am your father..."
                          -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Doc, now that it's blown over, perhaps you could enlighten us on the whole Shi De Yang debacle mentioned in the above links?
                            Great idea Lippy, I would like to hear more about it too, and of course about the "stolen" informations from this site. Come on Doc give us a little review about what happened that time, please.

Cheye

Comment

Hmmmm. Touchy waters here. Anybody remember all the details? I'm still searching for that article....

IN the meantime, I suggest that you head over to the Fugue section of the site,and read the Destruction part. That will give you the necessary background.

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X