• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOOZE BANNED IN PHUKET

Glad I am not there this weekend.

Phuket News
    Important Election news - BOOZE BANNED IN PHUKET
    (2006-03-30 16:34:33)

In what is probably the most important and relevant election news for foreign residents of Phuket it has been announced that alcohol will be banned this weekend. No alcohol will be allowed to be sold before and during the election period, said Wisut Romin, Deputy Chief of Phuket Administration and Justice Enhancement Group.

All kinds of alcoholic beverages are prohibited from sale. Entertainment venues will still be allowed to open but the selling of alcohol will not be permitted. The ban will be in force from 6pm on April 1 to 6pm on April 2. Anyone found selling alcohol will be arrested under section 112 of the Election act. The maximum penalty is six months imprisonment, a 10,000 baht fine or both.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
    "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
    "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
    "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

What's the point of this? To cut down on the well-known Thai drunken voting epidemic? Besides, all this will result in is people stocking up before the weekend.

In Pennsylvania, our beer distributors are closed on Sundays. It sure as hell doesn't stop us from getting wasted for Eagles games.

Comment

Working...
    X